Home Analytics

Statistics on logged calls

Martin_GriffithsMartin_Griffiths Customer IT Monkey ✭
Is it possible to surface statistics on the number of calls (IRs or SRs) logged by a technician on our Cireson Portal Dashboards please?

Best Answers

Answers

• Martin_GriffithsMartin_Griffiths Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi there, well potentially yes as I can't see that in our setup. Was dashboard designer introduced in a specific version of the cireson portal? If you've got any documentation I can refer to to do this then that will be great as we've been itching to delve in to the BI of service desk for a long time.

Ah! We're way behind! We're on Current Portal Version: 5.0.5.0 . I'll need to check first if we can upgrade then.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Martin,
    Wow, yes that is quite behind. I recommended you at least get to the latest hotfix for that version. 5.0.10. It will be a bit more stable than 5.0.5
    I would also suggest you build a test SCSM environment or at least a test portal server + database to try version 6.
    Geoff
    Ok that's great thanks Geoff. Just noticed this: This product key is valid for any version prior to: 6.1.1.1 so I assume by that we're able to upgrade to version 6.
    Yes, looks like you have a support and maintenance agreement  so you'll be good for any new versions as long as that exists.
    Is it just the self-service portal we would need to update to version 6 to get the reporting? Does it require us to be on a certain version of SCSM? We're currently on version 7.5.3079.0 of Service Manager.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... We're currently on version 7.5.3079.0 of Service Manager.
    That means that you have not applied any of the UR packs, the latest of which is UR9.  There are a lot of fixes in there, so you might want to look into it.  That would put your version at 7.5.3079.607.

List of versions with links to the UR updates: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4226.system-center-service-manager-list-of-build-numbers.aspx

OR... it means that you are looking at the version generated by the authoring tool (assuming no update of those MP's as you have upgraded your servers) or simply the minimum version shown within certain management pack references. 

I'll jump back out of the conversation now, but I couldn't sit back and not say something about this one.
    Martin,

v6 does not require a specific version of Service Manager so you are good to go right now but as per @Tom_Hendricks I would seriously recommend patching to UR9 ASAP. if you really are running that version.
    The best place to look to confirm is in Programs and Features, look for the version number of Service Manager. Don't look in Help -> About as that always shows 7.5.3079.0

Also check across all your management servers, data warehouse management server and console installations as the only thing worse than an old version, is a miss-match of versions.

The UR patches are cumulative, so you only need to apply the latest across everything to get in a good place.

We've gone off topic here but as Tim indicated, this is kind of important.

As for the dashboarding, feel free to get back in touch when you are on v6 (even in your test environment) and we can figure this one out.

Geoff