Home All Other Feature Requests and Ideas
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Dynamic CI Mapping

On major gap in the industry has been the ability to dynamically map configurations items (Cis) to service map.  As we move more into hybrid cloud solutions, it would be nice to figure out how to dynamically associated CI’s with specific service. 
5 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jacob,  I have been keen on this for many years.  

With Microsoft's acquisition of BlueStripe - shoot, what seems like about a year ago now, I am expecting to see their capabilities integrated into the base product (probably OMS, as that is where they are investing heavily and the fact that they alluded to this capability in the recent survey they put out https://t.co/dO3QGKbRuw).  

With that said, I am in a wait and see mode on making any investments here, as Microsoft will more than likely include functionality for this in the near-term.  

But if enough people like this idea... maybe we just beat them to the punch?!? 

• Steve_BurnhamSteve_Burnham Customer IT Monkey ✭
    BlueStripe has become App Dependency Mapping in OMS. It doesn't look like it'll be part of SCOM vNext, unfortunately.
    S_Burnham said:
    BlueStripe has become App Dependency Mapping in OMS. It doesn't look like it'll be part of SCOM vNext, unfortunately.

Thanks for that update.  Glad BlueStripe is incorporated in OMS, very valuable enhancement. 
    Moved this into the Other Ideas and Feature Requests so we don't box it into only a ConfigMgr idea.