Home Analyst Portal

Custom Form from Custom Class in SM not showing up in SSP

Jerrett_FergusonJerrett_Ferguson Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi,
We've extended our SR class and created a custom form with two tabs that collect and contain additional information.  I can create an SR from the SSP that collects the information from user input.  When i look at the SR in the console, i see my custom form as two additional tabs with the user input that was entered.  I can update the fields in those two tabs and save the SR and reopen it and that information is updated.  If I view the SR in the SSP, those tabs don't show up in the console.  I can only see the user input under the General tab and the user input cannot be modified. 

Should that custom class with custom forms just translate over to the SSP or is there something i have to do in the SSP to get them to show up.

Thanks,
Jerrett

Best Answer

Answers

• Jerrett_FergusonJerrett_Ferguson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi,
    So i'm a little confused still.  Here's what i'm trying to do: 
    We extended the Service Request class in order to capture some information and store it in SM.  We customized the SR form so that we could see that information captured in an RO.  The assigned to user of the SR can then fill in additional fields on the SR in the added tab, Request Details.   We want to the request details tab to show up on the SR when we log into the portal:

On the portal, we see the following on that same SR:

Can i make that custom tab show up in the portal so the same functionality is available in the portal as it is in the console? 

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jerrett,

Adrian's post above describes what you need to do. Check out that KB article, (let me know if you can't access)  as that takes you through step by step. There is a file which defines the form layout for each class in this case ServiceRequest.js. Make a copy of it and edit it to change the form.

Using this method, you can move fields, remove fields, add on custom fields and add on custom tabs to put these fields on. All in the ServiceRequest.js file.

See the full instructions in the KB article to ensure you do this properly.

Geoff
  • Jerrett_FergusonJerrett_Ferguson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    What about this important note?  We've extended the out of the box Service Request class to create our own custom class derived from that. 

Important note:  Cireson does not support creating custom forms for or using classes that derive from out of the box classes.

That seems to invalidate my question and that adding a custom form from a custom/derived class isn't supported? 

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extended == good, Derived == bad, Extended =/= Derived.  :)

If you are extending an existing class, this will not be a problem.  Any new properties and enum lists will be available to put into the portal.  However, relationships/related objects you have added will not be visible to the portal unless you use a type projection (a.k.a. "Combination Class").  Fortunately, there is a KB for adding a type projection to a form:

https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1174

...and lots of blogs out there that explain what a type projection is and how to create one in a management pack.  I even managed to find one that was not written by Travis Wright, surprisingly: :)

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/antoni/2015/06/05/how-to-create-a-basic-configuration-item-view-and-type-projection-showing-computers-with-their-primary-user-and-custodian-owner/

• Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Is there a possibility to make additional tab for CI assets??