Home Service Manager Asset Management Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Duplicate Relationships - Slow Data Entry

There are some relationships which are the inverse of each other. This means that staff sometimes need to do double entry (i.e. the same information needs to be entered twice...) . Ideally a single relationship would allow information to be entered on a single form and be shown immediately on both forms.

These duplicate inverse relationships (and the affected fields) are listed below:
  • Purchase Order Has Warranties - this is created on the Purchase Order form, Contracts tab, Warranties field
  • Warranty Has Purchase Order - this is created on the Warranty form, Finance tab, Purchase Order field.
  • Purchase Order Has Support Contract - this is created on the Purchase Order form, Contracts tab, Support & Maintenance field
  • Support Contract Has Purchase Order - this is created on the Support and Maintenance Contract form, Finance tab, Purchase Order field.
  • Purchase Order Has Leases
  • Lease Has Purchase Order
  • Invoice Has Warranties - Invoice form, Contracts tab, Warranties field
  • Warranty Has Invoice - Warranty form, Finance tab, Invoice Field
  • Invoice Has Leases
  • Lease Has Invoice
  • Invoice has Support Contracts
  • Support Contract Has Invoice
14 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Very nice spot @Bradley_Saviel
    Anything that can reduce data entry time get my upvote!
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Has my vote - just discovered this thread from @Geoff_Ross and the following relationship I stumbled across:

• Cost Center has Organization
    • Organization has Cost Center
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Considering we just recently last week had a quarter billion history records pile up in our SCSMTEST environment ServiceManager DataBase that broke everything and the 2 highest tables besides the EntityChangeLog and RelatedEntityChangeLog were:
    1.  MT_Cireson$AssetManagement$CostCenter_Log --> ~32 million records
    2. MT_Cireson$AssetManagement$Organization_Log --> ~5 million records
    I'd say this is a rather important feature.....

We have 90 GB for the ServiceManager Database. My reasoning for why this issue has happened is due to the fact that the ServiceManager "Grooming" has a time limit for how long it can run.

My theory:

With too many history logs to cover in too short a time, the grooming workflows would fail and try to rerun, after enough history log pile-up, it became a DDOS attack to itself and whatever it could communicate with.  A program executes as designed, not as intended.