Home Analyst Portal
Options

Strange Results on Work Item Grid

Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

We have recently noticed some odd behaviour on our Analyst Portal.  I thought I'd ask here before raising a support call to see if anyone else has experienced it or knows what might be causing it.

Issue 1

If you open an IR you can see in the Action Log an End User Comment that is correctly displaying the date that it was created within the IR.  If you view the IR in the Team Work grid the last modified date is not reflected (i.e. the time / date that the End User Comment was added).

Issue 2

Some Work Items that are visible in the Team Work grid are not visible if you search for them using the ID.

Issue 3

Some Work Items are not showing up when viewing the portal in IE11 but are visible in Chrome.

We are running Portal version 6.0.2

My initial investigations seem to point to anything that was created outside of the Portal (i.e. using the main SCSM console) or subsequently edited outside of the Portal are causing the problem.  I need to do some more testing to prove this.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Issue 3 could be browser cacheing, can you try both browsers in 'Private' mode (this is just a really helplful way to ensure there is no pre-existing cache) and see if you get different results.

Geoff
  • Options
    Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for this.  I did think cachebuilder first thing so I checked it and it was running.  However, looking in the log it mentions a database connection error at 3am (probably patch related).  I decided to restart the cachebuilder service and everything appears to be back to normal.

Thanks for your Help

Martyn

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Glad to hear it.