Home User Device Affinity

Disable option "Open in Remote Manage"

Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
After clicking right button on the finded device list, there is no context menu with option "Open in Remote Manage". According to instruction, this option should by able.
I have installed SCCM Console ale RemoteManage App also.

Best Answer

Answers

• F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The User Device Affinity App should detect the installation of Remote Manage App.
    Make sure that you have the newest version of the Remote Manage App.

User Device Affinity App tries to locate Remote Manage App in this folder:
    %programfiles (x86)%\Cireson\ConfigMgr Apps\Remote Manage App
    - and looks for the file "ConfigMgrClientTools.exe"
    If you have integrated Remote Manage App with the ConfigMgr Console, it will locate it here:
    %programfiles (x86)%\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\Cireson\RemoteManage
    (If your ConfigMgr Console is installed elsewhere, it will detect the AdminConsole folder by registry search)

Once detected, it will save the location of the file in the user part of registry:
    HKCU\Software\Cireson\ConfigMgr Apps\UDA Tools,"Remote Manage App Path"

I hope this will help you.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Thank you for your answer Flemming.
    It looks that I have all good as you wrote. I use Win32bit so the path for apps is:
    C:\Program Files\Cireson\ConfigMgr Apps\Remote Manage App\ConfigMgrClientTools.exe
    C:\Program Files\Cireson\ConfigMgr Apps\UDA App\Cireson.ConfigMgr.UDATools.exe

and the proper path is in the registy (see attachment)
    but still after right click on the device, nothing happens, no menu is displayed.

I use the newest version of aps: RemoteMgr - 1.1.1606.46 and UDA - 1.1.1608.4
    I don't have installed ConfigMgr Console.

I try uninstall and install first RemoteMgr and then UDA but still dont work.

• F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The UDA App produces a log that includes some of the detection.
    It looks like it is actually detected, but you may not have editing permissions for User Device Affinity in ConfigMgr.
    Do you see the "Manage Primary Users" context menu when you right-click a computer?

Examining the log will perhaps give us a clue.
    You can locate it here:
    %localappdata%\Cireson\ConfigMgr Apps\UDA App\Cireson User Device Affinity App.log

You can attach it here or post it to me directly.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    When I make right-click on the computer record, nothing is showing, any menu, any option. The only menu is show when I make right-click on the table header. There are sorting options.

From logs I have permissions as below. Bigger log in attachement

2016-10-26 16:19:29 DOMAIN\@@USER : Checking if current user has edit permissions for SMS_UserMachineRelationship<br>2016-10-26 16:19:30 DOMAIN\@@USER: Current user <b>does not have edit</b> permissions for SMS_UserMachineRelationship<br>2016-10-26 16:20:06 DOMAIN\@@USER: Checking if current user has read permissions for SMS_UserMachineRelationship<br>2016-10-26 16:20:07 DOMAIN\@@USER: Current user <b>has read</b> permissions for SMS_UserMachineRelationship<br>

• wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks Marek. The installation/use guide should cover the required permissions to use each of the apps (in the respective doc for the app). If not, let me know and I'll get that added. But yes, you do need the rights Flemming mentioned in order to get the context menu options.
This discussion has been closed.