Home Analyst Portal

Incident Classification list

Shayne_RayShayne_Ray Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hey Everyone,

I have a requirement to show/hide specific Classifications on the Incident/Request form for specific users.
I know this is an Enum list so it cant be done via the Console, but I was hoping it would be do-able via the portal..

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shayne.

Answers

• Shayne_RayShayne_Ray Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Shayne

Its possible to hide enum values in the portal, from KB24:

Sometimes it is necessary to disable or hide an enumeration from the Cireson Portal.  The two most common cases are: 1) enumerations that are provided out of the box in SCSM that are in a sealed management pack and therefore cannot be modified but the enumerations are not wanted.  Example: Service Request area enumerations or incident source enumerations.  2) An enumeration has been in use for some time and now needs to be "retired".

An enumeration can be disabled by making a database update to the ServiceManagement database as follows:

• The first step is to determine the enumeration ID of the enumeration that  you want to disable.  You can refer to the How To Determine the Root Enumeration GUID of an Enumeration Data Type Property knowledge base article for how to find enumeration IDs in general.  Although that article was written to help find the *root* enumeration ID, the techniques can also be used to determine the ID of any enumeration.
    • Once you have the enumeration ID of the enumeration that you want to disable, run the following query in the ServiceManagement DB:

UPDATE Enumeration SET Enabled = 0 WHERE EnumerationID = 'the ID'

• Restart the Cireson Portal web site.
    Hey Joe,

I have looked at both of these. However it appears to be a 'once off' hiding. I need to dynamically hide specific enums based on the current logged in user.

There will be three trees of Incident Classifications, of which two will need to be hidden depending on the "Company" field of the current users session.

Any ideas?
  • Shayne_RayShayne_Ray Customer IT Monkey ✭
    How do I mark this as un-answered? :neutral:
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Shayne

Ive marked as unanswered - correct this setting hides for all users globally.

Dynamically hiding enum values is not possible - would be one for a feature request.

Cheers
    Joe

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    To dynamically hide items you would have to write some Java Script to detect the template ID and then grab the element you want to hide (Classification enum) then index down to the items you want to hide and set them to Hidden.

An example of this type of work is here in this video.

I would suggest this is custom services work that Cireson can undertake for you or your customer.

I hope this answers your question.