Home General Discussion

Cireson Support Knowledge Base

Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi Cireson Community, 

I'm looking to gather information about how we provide information to you and what we could do to improve the knowledge base.

What has your experience been with the Knowledge Base that's available on Cireson's Support site? 
How well do you know your way around the articles? Are you able to find information quickly and easily?

Have you ever come across anything in the Knowledge Base that has been wrong or possibly out of date? (Provide examples and I'll happily investigate and fix up the issue) 

If you have any suggestions for us, please let us know here in this thread!

Thanks! 
Tony

Comments

• Harpreet_KaurHarpreet_Kaur Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Tony, 

I personally find it hard to search for what I am looking for in Knowledge base. The problem is the number of returned results are very large. Not sure what criteria it uses when it returns the results, but it would be great to have the either the results with a "close match" at the top. Or maybe the keywords highlighted in the returned results. This way it will be more eye catching and quicker to find the article you are looking for. 

Thanks 

Harpreet

• Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Tony, 

I personally find it hard to search for what I am looking for in Knowledge base. The problem is the number of returned results are very large. Not sure what criteria it uses when it returns the results, but it would be great to have the either the results with a "close match" at the top. Or maybe the keywords highlighted in the returned results. This way it will be more eye catching and quicker to find the article you are looking for. 

Thanks 

Harpreet

Hello Harpreet,

I think this overall may be a suggestion in general for the HTML Knowledge Base feature in general, and not so much specifically for Cireson's own Knowledge Base. But this is very much welcome.

• Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Tony, I would have to go and look but a lot of the images in the kbase articles are out of date so they do not match the instructions or what the end user sees. This can be very frustrating when trying to troubleshoot an issue.
  • Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Tony, I would have to go and look but a lot of the images in the kbase articles are out of date so they do not match the instructions or what the end user sees. This can be very frustrating when trying to troubleshoot an issue.
    This is on my to-do list of things I'm doing with the Knowledge Base! :)
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The TOC feature is newer than many of the articles, and it shows.  Some of the categories do not make sense, and search often does not pick up words that should result in a match.  I have not used it in a while (other than a quick search about renewing license keys yesterday), but I will start gathering examples going forward.

Note that I am a HUGE fan of the support KB overall.  It was absolutely mission-critical when I first started preparing the product for our environment.  I imagine that if you were monitoring page views, you probably thought you were getting a DoS attack before verifying that I am a customer.  ;) But it could definitely be easier to find what you're looking for, I think.  I am glad that it is getting some attention!
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Also on the TOC I know this is in as a request but the Analysis articles really need a TOC with sub-sections
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The TOC feature is newer than many of the articles, and it shows.  Some of the categories do not make sense, and search often does not pick up words that should result in a match.  I have not used it in a while (other than a quick search about renewing license keys yesterday), but I will start gathering examples going forward.

Note that I am a HUGE fan of the support KB overall.  It was absolutely mission-critical when I first started preparing the product for our environment.  I imagine that if you were monitoring page views, you probably thought you were getting a DoS attack before verifying that I am a customer.  ;) But it could definitely be easier to find what you're looking for, I think.  I am glad that it is getting some attention!
    Completely agree there. And yes, TOC came after many articles were written. We can have a look through and make sure that any Articles that need it are appropriately updated with a TOC. 

Thanks for the feedback
  • David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I like the KB too, however I find when searching that I don't get the most relevant article returned.  An example would be searching on 'portal', the first article returned is V2 install instructions, which are completely not needed now.

As well as making the search facility a bit more intelligent, maybe clearing out some of the very old, no longer appropriate articles, would help too??