Home Analyst Portal

Work Item Search - 500 Item Limit

Russell_KlvacekRussell_Klvacek Customer IT Monkey ✭
Is there any way to increase the limit of work items returned from a work item search? It currently appears that the limit is 500 items, which reflects the limit in the SCSM console. I'm not sure if this is data that the console pulls back from the SCSM data warehouse or exactly how that works, but it would be cool if the limit could be increase on the portal as well.

Best Answer

Answers

• Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if there was a way to scale how many of what items. IE I had to increase this to find all of the managers who could approve requests (because I can't link to an AD group), so it slows everything down even when I tell it to only look at active people.
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I 100% agree with @Candice_Yeudall.  I think making the Admin Setting Key "GridviewRecordCap" deprecated and/or replaced with a new Key called "ClassesCap" which would take a string in the following format of ClassName : nLimit would allow greater flexibility and therefore maximize performance where it doesn't need to search as much when already using a pre-defined WHERE statement.

Ex.
    System.Domain.User:5000 ; Cireson.AssetManagement.HardwareAsset : 20000; Cireson.AssetManagement.SoftwareAsset : 20000;

Potentially you could also set 0 or a negative number to mean unlimited.