Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

RO User Input Validation Improvement (auto-scroll to input error)

Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

With request offerings in v6.x of the portal users are getting confused when they fill out the form and happen to miss a required field (or fill it out incorrectly).

They click "Next" at the bottom of the page, and it appears as if nothing happens.

To find the field they have filled out incorrectly (or missed) they then have to scroll to go looking the issue, where they will then find the "Required Field" tag just under the field.

It would be great if the request offering forms matched functionality in the incident / service request forms when validating and notifying the analyst.  e.g.: the form scrolls to the top (notifying them of input errors), or the form scrolls to the area of the form they have inputted an error. This would make it much more intuitive.

Regards,

Adrian

5 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Which browser are you using Adrian? For me in Chrome the browser scrolls to the top of the page where an error message is displayed. 

In the meantime, you can modify the CSS for the tooltips for the required fields with the following CSS (add it to custom.css in the CustomSpace folder)
    span.k-tooltip<span>&nbsp;{<br></span>&nbsp; &nbsp; position:&nbsp;static;<br>&nbsp; &nbsp; display:&nbsp;inline-block;<br>&nbsp; &nbsp; border-width:&nbsp;1px;<br>&nbsp; &nbsp; padding:&nbsp;2px 5px 1px 6px;
    <div>}</div>
    This is default behaviour, however you can add color or font-color or change the relative location :)
  • Options
    Hrmm ok..
    Am using IE11.
    I will try it in chrome and do a comparison.
    cheers tony!
  • Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adrian_Paech Interested to hear if this fixed the issue you were seeing on IE11.
    Please let us know so we can close out this feature request if it is no longer needed.
  • Options

Ok.

I have verified that this functionality does not work with multi-page request offering forms in Chome or IE, but it does work in "single" page forms in Chrome and IE.

I am guessing this is a bug with multi-page request offerings?

Regards,

Adrian

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will bring it to the attention of the support team and raise a case on your behalf.
    They will then need to repro the issue and report to the dev team what they find.
    I'll also update this thread with any findings to ensure others that might have this issue are aware of any potential bug\fix.

Thanks for the info @Adrian_Paech

• Options
    Thanks Brett,
    Much appreciated.