Home Advanced Request Offering

Query Results for Prompt Output

Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
So since I am unable to link an AD Group here I have been trying to figure out a way to get a list of 'approvers' for my users, for the most part I have been successful using title but what a pain. So I thought I would try using ObjectGuid, but when I enter it in it shows as an error. Has anyone else been able to use this or has anyone found a way to use AD groups if so please let me know.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I understand correctly, you want to use a Query Result picker in a Request Offering to select an AD Group to use as an approver?

Have you tried using the class "Active Directory Group"?
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    A good idea but does not work will display the groups but will not let me find some one within the group, which is what I need.
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    @Candice_Yeudall
    Can I please clarify. You want the requester to pick an User object and you want the list of User objects to be only those that are a member of a certain AD group?
    Is that right?
    Geoff

Geoff_Ross yes that is correct. Currently I am setting that I use an Active Directory or Group, the limit to active with certain words in the title as below.

This gives me the result of:

which works okay but not great and I have to keep expanding my title search to include more, if I could say display the users in x group then I could use an existing AD group that is vetted and maintained to pull the correct users from.

• Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    If the user is being prompted to pick their manager, it makes more sense IMO to tackle this by making sure that the manager/reports to relationships are set up correctly in AD, and then just use the "Line Manager should Review" box in the Review Activity, rather than prompting them to pick their manager.
    I wish that we could do that but our users have up to 3 different managers in totally unrelated departments that they report to so that will not work.