Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Current Status for Security Scoping an RO to SO within the Portal

Peter_ForsterPeter_Forster Partner IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

there was already an discussion about this topic but nothing new since months: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/495/security-granularity-for-request-offerings-within-a-service-offering

What is the current status of this?
When will this feature implemented?

Best Answer

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feature requests are reviewed by the dev team once a quarter.
    At these meetings, they go through the top feature requests that have been up-voted by the community.
    If the idea has plenty of votes and\or is simple to implement it goes on the backlog to be developed and the status of the Feature request will change to reflect that. 
    If the idea is a little harder to implement but have plenty of votes and we think it is a great addition, we will also add it, but the dev cycles just may be more.
    Finally, if an idea does not fit in to our product focus or what we want to achieve out of the solution, regardless of votes, we may kill the feature request and not implement it. But either way will will update the status to ensure people know what the status is.

I like this idea and it has had a good number of votes. I've voted for it. :) 
    If you know others in the SCSM community, maybe suggest to them to vote on the idea if they think it is worth it.

I hope this has answered your question.
  • shaun_ericsonshaun_ericson Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hey Peter, we are currently working on the top 3 voted feature requests in the Portal area, this will be worked on over the net few months. After we get through those, we will continue through the top voted items. Unfortunately this hasn't hit the top voted items just yet, but if that changes we can address as a team. Thanks.
  • Peter_ForsterPeter_Forster Partner IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

wow - this is interesting. I had an open IR about this: IR35713 and here the engineer was telling me that this issue will be adressed around Version 5. Now V7 is realeased and currently there aren't enough votes to implement this feature at all.

This is something I find very interesting. Are customers not required to Scope RO's based on SO's. How do the scope RO's for an enduser?

• shaun_ericsonshaun_ericson Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Peter_Forster Sorry for the confusion, and yes just did review the Work Item internally as well. It should not have been communicated to you through that Work Item a firm expectation, as is always a balancing act with respect to priorities and customer requests behind a feature request. I really am sorry for the missed information there.
  • Peter_ForsterPeter_Forster Partner IT Monkey ✭
    @seth_coussens
    Thanks for this information. Our largest customer has currently hundreds RO's scoped to many many SOs. This whole system was built on the old Silverlight MSFT Portal where the security scoping on SO/RO was possible. Now we have waited to see this functionality in the Portl and it sounds like we need to redesign the security and build many more SO's to scope down this.
This discussion has been closed.