Home Advanced Request Offering

Present Partial Enumerated List to End Users

Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hello amazing Cireson community.  Happy Friday!

We have a pretty lengthy Incident Classification list in our environment.  One request presented to me while working on a new PeopleSoft-related ARO, was to have end-users pick the classification for the incident.  However, we really only want to present them with the nine PeopleSoft options instead of the entire list.

Is this possible?  It seems like it should be, but my caffeine-deprived brain isn't figuring out the solution this morning.

Best Answer

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Chris,

Off the top of my head, you'll need custom js that checks its on the right page (by the URL containing the Id of the PeopleSoft RO) and then grabs the element for the Classification DropDown and removes (hides) the other items.

Give me a shout if you get stuck with the code, but I'll fairly sure this will work.

Geoff
  • Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I'm not familiar with custom.js (which reminds me, I need to post something later requesting help with a custom 'Incident.js' in our environment where the status of related WIs is not showing correctly) so I'm already asking for more detailed help :)

Sorry
    Chris, I'll spend a few mins later, see if can knock something up.
    As for the other issue, do you want to start a new thread and we'll keep this one on topic.
    Geoff
    edited October 2016
  • Shayne_RayShayne_Ray Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I would also be very interested to see a solution for this!! :smiley:
    @Geoff_Ross Just curious if you've had time to play with a solution here.  We're getting ready to go-live with this ARO and it would be nice to have.  Otherwise we will consider other options.
    I'm working on something, its crazy complex unfortunately.
    Stay tuned.
  • Shayne_RayShayne_Ray Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I'm working on something, its crazy complex unfortunately.
    Stay tuned.
    Hey Geoff,

Just wondering how you're progressing with this? don't want to harass you, just waiting on this solution so I can implement it :)

Thanks!