Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Preview Attached Files in the Portal

So, we all want our end users to upload a screenshot of their error because it generally shows it far better then they can describe. Its just a bit of a pain, in the Cireson Analyst Portal, that you have to download an image in order to take a quick peek at it.

It would be great, if we could view image and text based attached files right in the portal.

We would need two options on the attached file. 'Download' which would always be available and do the same at the current 'Open' and 'View' which would only be active when a image or text based file is selected and would open the file in a preview window right in the browser for easy viewing.

Let me know what you think.

Geoff
41 votes

Completed · Last Updated

This was released with the drag and drop attachments release.

Comments

• Options
    David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Great idea... Also, if we had a View button, it would be nice to have the option to disable the Download button.  If the portal is available on the internet, blocking the download feature would prevent potentially sensitive files being download onto non-business devices, but they can still view them.
  • Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    If the button existed, we could disable with CSS.
  • Options
    Tomi_KaartamaTomi_Kaartama Customer IT Monkey ✭
    It would also be great if one could select multiple items to be downloaded at one go. Or a separate button with "Download All".
  • Options
    Christopher_WisofskyChristopher_Wisofsky Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I think having the ability to see screenshots and image type attachments as thumbnails, or any other image preview, would make them stand out more. Right now this is my number one request.  We are new to both Service Manager and the Cireson Portal and most of our staff forget where attachments or don't have a clue that they exist.  The ability to view images in the context of the comment log and history would be even better.  Obviously this should be a feature that could be commented on or off in CSS, I can see it impacting performance.  It would probably require some tuning.
  • Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stating with portal v8.8.1.x there is a new attachment controls where along with drag and drop attachments there the view of current attachments also has been updated. Images can be viewed directly in the portal.

• Options
    Christopher_WisofskyChristopher_Wisofsky Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I am wanting something a little more user friendly.  The ability to paste images into a comment and have them visible in the context of the post.  The same type of feature that's available on this site.  

Example:

Geoff_Ross said:
    We would need two options on the attached file. 'Download' which would always be available and do the same at the current 'Open' and 'View' which would only be active when a image or text based file is selected and would open the file in a preview window right in the browser for easy viewing.

Let me know what you think.

Geoff

Does anyone know of a Feature Request for having images directly visible in comments?