Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Two Factor Authentication for Form Authentication

Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Taking an idea from something I saw in the Password Reset Feature Request subforum (and using an existing feature from Password Reset), I think a great idea for added security, especially for those using Form Authentication, would be to offer a second factor of authentication, either through email, or through a security code sent via SMS or text message.
6 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two-Factor Authentication is quickly becoming the norm for any security login. Google provides information and APIs for using their 2FA 'Google Authenticator'. 
  • David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Completely agree with this, and I wish it was getting more support.  Many company standards for web apps published externally require 2FA, and that requirement only seems to be getting stronger and harder to bypass.
  • Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Two-Factor Authentication is quickly becoming the norm for any security login. Google provides information and APIs for using their 2FA 'Google Authenticator'. 
    Not just this, many companies are requiring this in their security protocol in order to protect themselves from unwanted intrusions. Some security and financial auditors are now considering 2FA as well.