Home Analyst Portal

*Cireson Portal Tip* Configuring an end-user as a reviewer for the Cireson Portal

merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Analyst Portal

Out of the box end-users will not be scoped to see any work items. Analyst out of the box are scoped to see all work items. In this scenario we will walk through scoping a normal end-user to have the ability to access and approve activities assigned to them.

When creating a user roll a common pitfall one run into is creating an end-user work item queue giving the user scoped access to the activity allowing them to see it in their mywork view in the Cireson Portal but when the user clicks on the work item they are presented with an accessed denied. Typically this will happen when an end-user is scoped to access a review activity but they are not scoped to have access to the parent work item.

As you can seen in the example below. Adam Barr is a normal end-user that is part of the domain. He does not belong to any specific groups:

What we want to do is give Adam permission to view and approve any activity he is assigned to.

1. Create a queue in SCSM that contains the work items that you wish this user to have access to. Here I have created a Queue called Activities with the criteria to view all activities that are in an In Progress status.

2. We must also create a queue giving the user access to the Parent work item.

3. Now we must configure a user role that will give the end-user permission to access the work item queues we just created. For simplicity I have chosen the Activity Implementer role.

4. Next we will want to configure the work item queue and ensure the user role has access to the activity queue and the parent work items queue.

5. We want to ensure that we place the user or defined group into the user roles as well.The remaining tabs of the user role can be configured to your specifications.Once the user role configuration is complete you will need to restart the cachebuilder service as work item scoped access is also updated if work items are added/removed from queues that are used by user roles for scoping or users are added/removed from user roles.

Comments

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Will this work for Release Records?

More specifically, will an end user no longer get an infinite loading screen when looking at a Release Record?
    SR46916 - Be able to view Release Records without being stuck at an Infinite Loading Screen
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I have not tested that role directly but scoped access is based on the role not the actual user. So if you scope a role to have access to the release record placing that user in that role should give them access to that work item.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Will this work for Release Records?

More specifically, will an end user no longer get an infinite loading screen when looking at a Release Record?
    SR46916 - Be able to view Release Records without being stuck at an Infinite Loading Screen
    Hi Connor
    The default form for release record does not have an enduser section, however you can create a custom form and just add in the form ID of DefaultEndUser, just make sure they have the correct role permissions. Attached is a rough example (renamed to .txt), you probably want to hide or disable more fields for the end user then in this example. 

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I went straight to "Assign Forms to AD Groups" for end users in a certain group, but I didn't know I required the "DefaultEndUser" section in order for it to work!  After adding in the DefaultEndUser section, I was able to log in with test end user accounts and then see the Release Record!  I recommend you make a knowledge article regarding this.... maybe even this whole thread!