Home Analyst Portal

To extend a portal WI form, does the console form have to be extended?

chelsea_alonsochelsea_alonso Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited November 2016 in Analyst Portal
I am trying to only develop content/features in the portal and not have to support console development for everyday end users. I have extended the CR class to add a new user relationship to define who will test a change along with a full type projection to include the new relationship. I am experiencing the same problem as the user in this thread: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/535/custom-type-projection-not-saving-changes-when-saving-new-incident?

My relationship is not binding to the form in the portal on creation but will bind if re-saved. Following the answer of that thread, I opened and saved all templates and then did cmd iisreset and app pool recycle on my portal web server and it is still not binding on creation. Do I need to extend the console form to accommodate this new relationship before it will work in the portal?

Attached is the unsealed version of my MP for my WI extension and TP.

Best Answer

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Chelsea,

Have you checked out the following KB article:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1174#/

Looks like you've done most of the steps, but now you need to assign that new TP to your form in the section for assigning forms to AD groups.

Geoff
  • chelsea_alonsochelsea_alonso Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you for the reply, @Geoff_Ross.

Yes, that article was very helpful and I have already mapped the new type projection to the custom form.

The issue I'm having where the new relationship is not binding on new WI creation, but does work when filled out and re-saved, has been happening despite the TP being configured to the ad group in portal admin settings. 
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hello, sorry, I understand the situation now. Firstly, you do not need to extend console form, so that is not the issue here.
    Secondly, as a test, can you try creating a new incident template, then create Incident from Template picking that new one and see if that works. If it does, then its the existing templates that are not picking up the new type projection. This could be SCSM or the portal so will need investigation if confirmed.
    Geoff
  • chelsea_alonsochelsea_alonso Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I tried a few things and got this to work! I tried creating new templates to the extent of creating a new MP for the new templates hoping that going completely fresh would pick up the new TP. I did have to open the MP that contained the existing templates and I did see <ObjectTemplate> contained the old TP in "TypeID". I had to add my custom, sealed MP as a reference to now use it in the MP that I updated the TypeID on the templates for and then import the new version to update the templates. 

This leads me to a question: How do I create a template so that it allows me to use a particular TP over another without having to hand author the MP?