Home Analyst Portal
Options

My Work view - Hide Incidents where you are Primary Owner?

Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Here's a copy/paste of an email I just sent to my SCSM team so I don't have to re-type the explanation again :smile:

To summarize, we are using the Primary Owner field on the incident form to identify the Manager of the assigned analyst.  We currently don't have managers listed in our AD records, so this was a workaround for us.  Since we started doing this, the managers (primary owners) are now seeing incidents in the My Work view that are assigned to people in their support group, and I'm looking for a way to modify this behavior if possible:

Team,

We’ve been adding some new functionality in SCSM & IT Self-Service built around the “Primary Owner” field on incident forms.  We are essentially making the manager of a support group the Primary Owner of an incident for reporting purposes.  In the near future we will also be utilizing these fields to send email notifications when an incident assigned to you or someone on your team will breach its SLA soon, and after it has breached.

I was just alerted by Kris  that since we're now setting the Primary Owner field on incidents with various workflows, the My Work view in IT Self-Service not only shows incidents assigned to you, but also incidents where you are the Primary Owner.

I’m currently researching a way where we can avoid this.  Apologies if this has caused confusion and/or annoyances.

Chris Keander

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    That's a little over my head.  Maybe I can enlist someone on our app/dev team to take a look at this.
  • Options
    I appreciate the help with directions to travel in.