Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Selective Cache Building

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
It'd be great if the Cache Builder could be micro-managed (either powershell, the portal, some other means) that allows a selective rebuild.

Scenario: I've just updated two Request Offerings and want their new inputs to display on the portal, but if I restart cachebuilder I am triggering a resync of "all of the things". Depending on how large a customer's environment is this could be a short or lengthy period of time to wait.

Taken to it's logical extreme, this would mirror the OOB Microsoft portal wherein request are updated near instantly when changes occur.
24 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Selective on-demand Cache Building is included with v10.4 of the portal.

Comments

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent idea! This is true within our environment where with two languages we will have over 300 ROs within our Service Catalog. Would be super handy to be able to update certain elements without taking a big hit and causing everything to be resynched.
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I cannot + this enough any updates I make can take 24 plus to populate unless we restart the cache builder which then cause other issues.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @merlenette_jones pointed out the very thing I think we've all overlooked. Because it IMHO it certainly resolves/answers this request (no less in regards to the Service Catalog updates for simple changes)

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/747/how-do-you-deal-with-the-lag-between-console-changes-and-portal#Item_9

<cacheCommandSection>
        <cacheCommands>
          <cacheCommand name="UserAndGroups" threadName="USER" refreshInterval="120" batchSize="500" />
          <cacheCommand name="ConfigItems" threadName="CONF" refreshInterval="60" batchSize="1000" />
          <cacheCommand name="EnumLookup" threadName="ENUM" refreshInterval="1440" batchSize="5000" />
          <cacheCommand name="ServiceCatalog" threadName="CATA" refreshInterval="1440" batchSize="500" />
          <cacheCommand name="WorkItems" threadName="WORK" refreshInterval="1" batchSize="500" />
          <cacheCommand name="ScopedAccess" threadName="SCOP" refreshInterval="1440" batchSize="500" />
        </cacheCommands>
  • Darlyne_HolleDarlyne_Holle Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Not having to wait 2.5 hours for cache to rebuild for minor changes?  PRICELESS!!!