Home Service Manager

create a custom View that shows both Service requests and Incidents for same location

Shawn_HorleyShawn_Horley Customer IT Monkey ✭

Greetings

I am wanting to know how I can create custom views in the SCSM console that will display both Service Requests (RFS) and Incident tickets (RAI) for the same location.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't do exactly what you are requesting, however you should be able to use the class "Work Items" and change the criteria to match what Support Group or other criteria you are looking for. 

You will get all Work Items (including Problems, Activities and Changes) that match the criteria you are looking for. You can try to change the criteria to show tickets that have IR or SR in the ID
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Trouble is, you can then only select properties that belong to the parent class (Work Item) to display. Which aren't very many.
    @Shawn_Horley, what do you mean by 'same location'?

Geoff
  • Shawn_HorleyShawn_Horley Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks for the feedback gents. By locations I mean that we are a school district and we need to see both service requests and incidents that are open for the different schools. We would like to create custom views that show both types of active tickets for each location as we have specific Techs assigned to the various locations.

We had created views that show all service requests for a given location and promoted those views to our web portal so our Techs could make use of them, however since we have incorporated the use of incident tickets the techs do not see the active incidents in these views so I believe we need to create new ones.

I've not been seeing a method of having a view with both types of tickets in them

Cheers

Shawn

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Shawn,

Couple more questions come out of that and then I'm sure we can find a solution.

Still not sure what you mean by location. There is no location property Out-the-box on either Incident or Service Request. Is this a custom property, a custom relationship to a location CI, or are you looking up up a property from the affected user?

Also, are you looking to create this view in the SCSM Console, or Cireson Portal?

Geoff
  • Shawn_HorleyShawn_Horley Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Geoff

We grab a location from the Affected User property. I believe it's an imported attribute from active directory(company I believe). I'm looking to create this in the SCSM console and promote it to the Cireson portal.

Cheers

Shawn