Home Analyst Portal
Options

Related Work Item Tab sections still unprotected after WI closed.

Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Hi, We recently started closing WI's. We want to ensure no one can modify a WI once it is in a close state. All fields are grayed out EXCEPT the ones under related items (File Attachments, Work Items, Config Items). Is there anyway to block updates to these elements once the ticket is closed (both in the console and portal)?

Answers

• Options
    David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

To disable the form controls in SCSM for closed Incidents, take a look at my posting on TechNet Gallery, https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/SCSM-2012-Incident-Form-68d48e6f.

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Mike,

Can you please confirm Portal Version and maybe and a screenshot to confirm what you are talking about.

I'm running version 6 and I see this on a closed IR.

Geoff
  • Options

• Options

@david_allen does this control work for CR and SR as well?

• Options
    David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Unfortunately not, although it should be fairly easy to extend the solution to cover other work item types.  I'll take a look and if it is as straight forward as expected, I will update the management pack and let you know.

• Options
    Thanks for Sharing this @David_Allen ! Moving to the new "Community Uploads" Category for better viability and to help anyone else wanting to implement \ learn 
  • Options
    @Mike_Storms That looks like a custom control, you have. I wonder if thats whats stopping it becoming disabled. Is that right. If not, you might need to log a support ticket.
  • Options
    @Geoff_Ross yes it is a custom control... but as you can see attachments still show up and allow you to remove add them... thanks for responding..