Home Analyst Portal
Options

Using task on mobile devices

Magnus_AnderssonMagnus_Andersson Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited November 2016 in Analyst Portal

Hi,

Either I don't know how to but how do I use the Tasks when im using a mobile phone? The Task menu disappears on the phone. Task like Resolve and Send mail would be nice

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Ah, yes. There it is. But it's gone if I scale a webbrowser on the computer.

• Options
    David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The site adapts depending on the size of the window, but you are correct, when shrinking a desktop web browser window, the tasks disappear, but no tasks button appears in the tray at the bottom.  Same behaviour in Chrome and IE.

Probably worth raising a support ticket for it.

David
  • Options
    Ok, raised a ticket and pointed to this thread
  • Options
    carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    This is the nature of the adaptive design, if you were to refresh your browser after resizing you would see the appropriate UI.
    Thanks,
    Carrie
  • Options
    Hi Carrie,

The appropriate UI appears without needing a refresh, but on a desktop, the Task button in the bottom tray is missing, as in the screenshot above.  Even refreshing the page doesn't return the Tasks button.
  • Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    I'm seeing the same. Must be a browser thing because it works on all mobile devices I have to test with but not on a desktop browser with a small window.
  • Options
    Exactly @Geoff_Ross, however you get the same using any desktop web browser.
  • Options
    Same here. Dont help to refresh the site, still no icon for Tasks
  • Options
    james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Everyone thanks for bringing this to our attention! Let me try to clarify a few things first:
    1. We developed the mobile UI from the use case of accessing the portal from a mobile device NOT a shrunken browser.
    2. Different aspects of the mobile UI are triggered in different ways, be it screen resolution, media queries, device, etc. So in order to guarantee you get the desired outcome for our use case (see #1), you need to access the UI from a mobile device.
    With that being said if you are trying to test the mobile ui or maybe you are trying skin the UI a littler different, you can Simulate Mobile Devices with Device Mode in google chrome, making sure the portal has been loaded/reloaded in Device Mode to get the closest possible simulation of the mobile device use case.

Are there other use cases for the mobile UI that you think we need to take into consideration?