Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

TFS Integration

Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

I know this was on the roadmap, but I haven't seen anything on this recently.

We have IT staff begging for this, myself included.

Would somebody please explain the scope of the planned feature? I'd love to see my SCSM WIs in TFS and link my CRs/RRs to TFS WIs.

46 votes

Declined · Last Updated

While we could decide to pick this up again in the future, we've already done some work around this for customers and it tends to be a very custom solution. At this time we are going to decline to work on this, but could revisit in the future utilizing VSTS.

Comments

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and Problems.  Problem tickets translate well into TFS bug WI's, in many cases.  Otherwise, simply consider this a +1. :)
  • Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I forgot that one. I guess it'd have to be a bit flexible depending on the TFS template chosen and the bug level option.
  • Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
      Great idea champ! B)
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It produces a valid license in the Cireson Licensing portal. I wish the downloads page produced a link :)
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of our devs have gone off and started creating their own TFS Build-->CR integration.  We would rather see a vendor-provided solution, though.  Theirs is very narrowly focused and pragmatic--a credit to our team--but there is a lot of opportunity for convenience and nice-to-have features that they can't spare the time on.

The dev team will hail you as heroes.  Just saying.... :)
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This would be perfect for us too!
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this one @shaun_ericson ? Following up on this/my closed thread.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/3948#Comment_3948

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Adam_Dzyacky I've moved this here after some discussion with the team as this would be a portal integration for us. If voted for by enough members this would be built on top of the Portal v8 foundation that is coming this quarter, so it makes sense for it to be in this list.

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Adam_Dzyacky I've moved this here after some discussion with the team as this would be a portal integration for us. If voted for by enough members this would be built on top of the Portal v8 foundation that is coming this quarter, so it makes sense for it to be in this list.

That sounds ideal. Thanks for the update @seth_coussens.
  • David_WellsDavid_Wells Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @seth_coussens
    I've just built Cireson Portal to TFS Bug integration and am thinking of doing other some use cases but want to know if this is likely to in next version or not to determine whether to put in the effort? 
    @seth_coussens
    I've just built Cireson Portal to TFS Bug integration and am thinking of doing other some use cases but want to know if this is likely to in next version or not to determine whether to put in the effort? 
    It is not on the roadmap at the moment as we are working on v8 currently. Depending on votes this could make Q4. 
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Really hope this is included in Q4. It will be very useful for us.
  • Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I have just be asked again when TFS can be integrated with the CR's, is this still just a maybe or has anyone got anything working already that I could give to the devs to look at.
    @Peter_Settle
    Hey Peter, for our part this is not going to make the roadmap for this year.
  • Danny_PrimeDanny_Prime Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This would be a huge advantage to our organisation to have, we are going to have to do it ourselves otherwise as it is integral to our business.
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I admit, this integration will be a good advantage for us also.
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hey @seth_coussens , do you have any information about stage of implemention this request in SM?

Also I was wondering how others do it now, does someone use this solution https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/6477#Comment_6477