Home Survey App

Not capitalizing the first letter of every word

Metro_ITSMetro_ITS Customer IT Monkey ✭
Can we disable the auto-capitalizing of the first letter of every word? We'd like our surveys to look a little more grammatically correct.

Best Answers

Answers

• David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Not just in the survey app either... v6+ of the portal also capitalises the first letter of every word which we've also had plenty of comments about internally!
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Metro_ITS said:
    Can we disable the auto-capitalizing of the first letter of every word? We'd like our surveys to look a little more grammatically correct.

Hello,

Are you requesting this as a feature or are you looking for a way to turn it off, because this is by design

Merle
  • Metro_ITSMetro_ITS Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you Geoff. Seeing as how we've come to expect the portal's text-transform across the site, it is likely we have posted questions in ALL CAPS, or all lower in various places, knowing that the site will transform them. (our bad). If we proceed with the "text-transform: none;" I expect the survey we are developing will look good, but the rest of the site will require some pretty detailed review. Is there a way to just use your fix for the Survey in the meantime?
  • Marco_WesterhoffMarco_Westerhoff Customer IT Monkey ✭
    In my opinion, the best solution is to make it an option. I can't imagine that people like to have every word starting with a capital, but perhaps I'm wrong :). Best solution is to give the admin the following options:
    1. Show titles in capitols
    2. Show title with first letter capitol of every word
    3. Show title as-is

• Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi,

This css snippet will 'turn this off'. This should do it across the portal, so if its just specific text, or just specific pages you might need to target just those items.
    label {
       text-transform: none;
    }
    Geoff
    If I wanted to target just a specific page, how would I go about doing this?
  • Roelof_LuingeRoelof_Luinge Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

Is there someting changed in Version 7.3? Suddenly auto-capitalizing is back.

Roelof