Home Analyst Portal

Cireson v6 upgrade failed & cache builder missing

Dries_WerckxDries_Werckx Customer IT Monkey ✭
We tried to upgrade to Cireson v6 on our lab environment. The upgrade did not work and our cachebuilder is missing now all of a sudden.
This is the error log:

29/08/2016 9:56:31 Initializing Cireson Setup Version: 6.0.6073.3203
29/08/2016 9:56:31 System Info: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
29/08/2016 9:56:31 Windows version: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
29/08/2016 10:00:10 Uninstalling windows service
29/08/2016 10:00:10 Preparing to install, please wait...
29/08/2016 10:00:10 & "C:\inetpub\labo_CiresonPortal\bin\Cireson.CacheBuilder.WindowsService.exe" -uninstall
29/08/2016 10:00:10 Killing child processes...
29/08/2016 10:00:10 Waiting for system to remove service...
29/08/2016 10:00:10 Succesfully uninstalled the service.
29/08/2016 10:00:11 Preparing SQL Connection.

29/08/2016 10:00:49 sqlps - enabled.

29/08/2016 10:00:50 DacFx types successfully added.

29/08/2016 10:00:50 Setting up IIS Site and Application pool

29/08/2016 10:00:50 Checking for Existing Site

29/08/2016 10:00:50 Removing Existing Site

29/08/2016 10:00:51 Error processing powershell: An entry with the same key already exists.
   at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)
   at System.Management.Automation.PipelineOps.InvokePipeline(Object input, Boolean ignoreInput, CommandParameterInternal[][] pipeElements, CommandBaseAst[] pipeElementAsts, CommandRedirection[][] commandRedirections, FunctionContext funcContext)
   at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`6.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I had to run the setup, restart the server like it told me to, and then run the setup again, and then it had the additional folders and files.  Or have you already tried that?

Additional Details.....

When doing an upgrade make sure "Install database" is selected or you may miss out on a bunch of Stored Procedures that can affect the product.

Same goes for the Cache Builder also.
  • Dries_WerckxDries_Werckx Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I have restarted the server and I am 100% percent sure that the "Install database" option was selected.
    I tried to do it again 15 minutes later and then tried to do it without the "install database" selected, but the installer warned me that I'd miss functionality so I instantly turned it back on, again without result.
    The second time it said "Succes" but in the logs was the same error message
    And are the files now present such as web.config?  Personally I have a few customizations plus I enforce HTTPS so I had to:
    1. Edit web.config to use the URL rewrite - Cireson KB #76
    2. Go into IIS > The Server > Sites > CiresonPortal > Right click and choose Edit Bindings > Add https type on correct port such as 443, IP address == All Unassigned, and select a SSL certificate

Since I also use pre-compiled C# aspx webpages for specialized forms, I had to copy and paste the DLLs again into the CiresonPortal > Bin folder, but luckily that was about it, I always recommend keeping a backup of the CustomSpace folder before using any installer but for this particular upgrade it kept the CustomSpace folder.

• Dries_WerckxDries_Werckx Customer IT Monkey ✭
    The web.config is still present in our development environment and is thesame as the web.config of our production environment.
    We did not, by my knowledge, enable https in any way in our development environment.
    Also, it is a pretty basic setup for testing purposes, so extra dll's are not imported.

Cireson answered to my ticket and I have followed a tutorial video thoroughly and still get the same error.

I don't think I have any other solution left, if you ran the installer as an admin that has read/write access to the database and it's still not wanting to install, even if you tried all the prereqs, I think you have to make a backup of your CustomSpace folder and then Uninstall the Cireson Portal - Cireson KB #1137.

What version of the Portal were you upgrading from?  For us, we had 5.0.8 and then updated directly to 6.0 by copying and pasting the installer files so we'd have an offline copy and then ran the setup as Admin.

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If permissions are all correct as Connor mentions. I would try manually delete the website in IIS and re-run the setup. 
  • Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen today with an upgrade from 6.0.2 to the latest 7. A full uninstall worked, but I still don't understand what the problem was.
  • Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I had this happen today with an upgrade from 6.0.2 to the latest 7. A full uninstall worked, but I still don't understand what the problem was.
    Hello Leigh,

Do you notice any errors or unusual behavior in the install log?
  • Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Leigh,

Do you notice any errors or unusual behavior in the install log?

Hi Dakota,

Nothing besides the "Error processing powershell: An entry with the same key already exists" error mentioned above. This is where the setuplog file stops. As in Dries' example, all previous actions were successful.

I upgraded the server with the cache builder running first and it had no issues.