Home Asset Management

Building New Hardware Request (catalog item and consumables)

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Is there a class/type projection that I'm overlooking that would allow a query result in a Request Offering to allow something to the effect of:
  • Pick a Catalog Item in a query result and show Related Assets (Consumables)

The idea here being, leading someone down a hardware purchase request with only relevant choices.

Best Answer

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Adam,

Not that I know about but AWESOME idea. I think you'll need a custom relationship and TP.

ConsumableRelaventToCatalogItem

Good luck, keep us all posted.

Geoff
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be a dumb (but hopefully relevant) question: Is it possible to use a custom type projection with non-workitem forms such as RO or asset mgt.?

I use several with change requests, and associate them with an AD group in the Admin screen, but I thought that was the only way to assign one to a form.  I would love to be wrong about that!
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    @Tom_Hendricks
    For Asset Management, you can create a template using your new TP and assign that as the default template. The AM forms will now use this TP but for everybody, you cannot have different forms / TPs for different uses like you can with Work Item forms.
    For ROs, you can use any TP you want by selecting that TP (Combination Class) when you build the RO and specify the configuration of the Query Results prompt.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems so obvious now that you have explained it, @Geoff_Ross.  Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Thanks also for letting me hijack the thread, @Adam_Dzyacky.  If time permits, I may take a stab at this too.  I have coded something similar (but certainly not the same) for CR's, where I populated a list of services and affected locations based on the CI that is chosen on the form, by crawling the viewModel and populating a grid control.  While this is different than filtering a user control, it seems like the same principle might work if some (minor?) adjustments are made.

I will provide details here if I am able to devote any time and have success.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually just thought (but am not at an SCSM console to try this) - I think I'm getting the classes confused. Instead of a Catalog Item showing related assets (which shows instances of that catalog item), I believe what I meant to say was a Standard showing Related Assets.

In that the Standard has a "Related Assets" area, could this be leveraged in the way that I'm thinking in that you could pick a standard and then show the Assets related in query result?
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well - at least I'm not the only one thinking like this!