Home Orchestrator

Passing " in a value

Steve_O'ConnorSteve_O'Connor Customer IT Monkey ✭
Having a bit of an issue with a runbook that deals with the application request approvals from ConfigMgr and passes them into a new service request within Service Manager.

ConfigMgr send the username in the format of domain\user but service manager won't work with that. So I have a .net activity to translate the domain\username into the Distinguished name and service manager can then work with that. This works fine until you have someone with an ' in their name, like mine O'Connor.

This is the step

This is the error in orchestrator:

The criteria used for the query has a character or keyword that is not valid. The following parse error was returned: Parse error before Connor

Anyone have any thoughts on how I can deal with the special characters in a name?

Best Answer

Answers

• Ken_CurtisKen_Curtis Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Maybe putting double quotes around the value?
  • Steve_O'ConnorSteve_O'Connor Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi @Ken_Curtis I tried that, I did "{DN from "Translate to DN"}" and it ignored them. However that might work if I put it into the returned value. You may have meant that anyway!
  • Steve_O'ConnorSteve_O'Connor Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks Ken, I'll have a play with it.
  • Christopher_CarverChristopher_Carver Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    If you can get the Distinguished Name, then get the UPN and use that instead for the Get User activity. UPN's should contain only letters and numbers. 
  • Gary_WinhovenGary_Winhoven Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Were you ever able to find a solution for this? I'm having the same problem currently. The user's display name is coming from initialize data. I've tried inputting the data with double quotes around it and adding the quotes directly in the Get User activity with no luck.