Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Add keywords to Request Offerings to improve search in service catalog

Justin_ClarkeJustin_Clarke Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Would like to see keywords added to request offerings and Service Offerings to allow better search results.
IE: If i have a RO called "Mail Issues" but a user searches Outlook or Exchange they do not get Mail issues show in results.
You have the functionality in the KB articles already

38 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Kevin_BaierKevin_Baier Customer IT Monkey ✭

We have the same Issue.

Request offering is called: Active Directory
    but if user searchs for AD or anything, they dont find it.

Same at "Exchange", should be found if i search for "E-Mail/EMail/Mail"

• Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Here is a workaround, that seems to work ok for us. You can abuse the fact the brief description on the RO is simply wrapped in double quotes as text when rendered in the browser. We put the keywords with html comments like this within the brief description.

Report  an issue related to your computer. <!-- computer laptop desktop tablet login power -->

Obviously this may not work with future versions, but may be a good alternative to waiting on keyword support.

jerry

• Justin_ClarkeJustin_Clarke Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jerry, Tested this in Dev and works great. Great Workaround much appreciated.
  • Gina_KnightGina_Knight Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Great request.  I would love to see this in future versions.  I've tried adding keywords as shown above <!-- email exchange outlook --> in version 7.2 but it doesn't work.
  • Dennis_de_JagerDennis_de_Jager Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited November 2016
    Since I liked the clean look of the mobile version, I have hidden the Catalog Small text with this CSS code:
    /* Remove Request Offering Small text */
    .sc-item-list .media-heading small {
    	 display: none;
    }

Then filled that field with key words.
    The search works in Portal version 6.0.3 and I think it will work in 7 as well.
    Since the class is populated, but just not displayed.

I made some other adjustments as well to get that cleaner view: 
    /* Display Only 3 Request Offerings per Row in Desktop View, default is 25% */
    <span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">@media only screen and (min-width: 1000px){
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">.sc-item-list .sc-item {
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">&nbsp; &nbsp; width: 33%;
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">}
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">}
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">/* Smaller Icon in Desktop View */
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">@media only screen and (min-width: 1000px){
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">.sc-item-list .media-link img {
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">&nbsp; &nbsp; width: 40px;
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">&nbsp; &nbsp; height: 40px;
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">/*Remove whitespace in Catalog*/
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">.sc-item-list .media-body {
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">&nbsp; &nbsp; height: 40px;
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">.media, .media .media {
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">&nbsp; &nbsp; margin-top: 0;
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">.service-catalog-content .service-request-body.alt .cat>h4 {
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">&nbsp; &nbsp; padding: 0;&nbsp;
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .h1, .h2, .h3, .h4, .h5, .h6 {
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">&nbsp; &nbsp; margin: 11px 0 11px 0;&nbsp;
    </span><span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">}</span>

Im not sure h1 to h6 is only used in the Catalog, so be carefull with that one.
    Just play around with the different settings in your test environment, maybe it's to tight for your users, but my Catalog goes from 4 pages to 2 with the above adjustments.

• John_VrabelJohn_Vrabel Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Definitely would help, maybe utilize the "Internal Notes" section on request offerings for keywords
  • Justin_ClarkeJustin_Clarke Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Looks like the HTML comment tag no longer works In V7.4. Does anyone have another workaround to add keywords to search. 
  • Daniel_ClarkeDaniel_Clarke Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I would also very much like this feature.
  • Sebastian_HansenSebastian_Hansen Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Second this! Also make these keywords available though the API.

Parsing text and using hacks, is not a good way of solving this challenge. It is highly susceptible to change in the rendering of data, and makes the solution hard to debug and maintain (as you are working with hidden input).
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

With Global Search you can improve your search results by introducing keywords to the Internal Notes field on a Request Offering. This helps you keep a tidy Title or Description on the RO. Then enable the Notes fields on Global Search Settings as a Data point.

It will require at least v10.2 of the portal so that Request Offerings from search results automatically redirect to their respective form.