Home Action Log Notify

Does the Action Log Notify tool send notifications in response to emails received from the exch.....

Josh_GilliamJosh_Gilliam Customer IT Monkey ✭
Does the Action Log Notify tool send notifications in response to emails received from the exchange connector or do we have to configure a separate template and subscription for this feature?  I have done the latter for the time being, but I am getting duplicate responses from the Action Log Notify tool and my subscription...  

Best Answers

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Josh

It is a separate template, and by importing the MP it creates a workflow to automatically send this email template based on settings you configure. So you dont need a subscription if using notify analyst.

More information on the settings and how to configure the action log email template can be found in the below KB:

https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1134#/

Cheers
    Joe
  • Josh_GilliamJosh_Gilliam Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I have all of this configured already regarding the Action Log Notify tool, but it does not seem to work when responding to the automated responses generated from the initial email correspondence. Am I missing something?
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all of this configured already regarding the Action Log Notify tool, but it does not seem to work when responding to the automated responses generated from the initial email correspondence. Am I missing something?
    Thats all that is required, and will trigger when someone adds a comment to the action log.

Check your workflow status for Action Log Notify errors, incase its failing with an error.
    When someone adds something through the Cireson web portal it responds just fine but whenever someone replies through the email submission (Microsoft exchange connector) it does not  notify anyone without the subscription created. Do I have to add the subscription if I want the notifications to go out?  

Pretty sure you already answered that but just wanted to clarify if I wasn't  clear with my question.  

One last question, do you know how often the Exchange Connector resets the setting?

Thank you @Chris_Keander for the assist on this one.
    edited November 2016
    So a quick update on this fix. It works wonders, don't get me wrong, but one more quick observation.  Whenever I respond to an email that goes through the exchange connector it still reassigns the IR back to the original support group that the template includes.  I know this is probably more of a SCSM question, but does anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening?  Here are a few screenshots of my setup:

Great info, thanks for the help on this.
This discussion has been closed.