Home Analyst Portal

portal upgrade

Veljko_SeroVeljko_Sero Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

I would like to upgrade the Cireson Portal . I am still on version v 4.010. I can see direct upgrade to v 7rquires v 5. Is upgrade to v 6.3 from v 4.010 okay.  I do not see any instructions for version 6.3  except downloads

Answers

• Veljko_SeroVeljko_Sero Customer IT Monkey ✭

oops, I guess not a good question. The article I was looking applies to version 5 above. I guess it does not matter what do I currently have

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Veljko, you can go straight from 4 to 7. No problem.
    Geoff

Geoff, is that correct ? I got a note from Cireson support that I need to upgrade first to version 5 by installing Website and CacheBuilder (recommended) and than go to version 7 https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1351#/

I am completely confused with a different information I am getting here.

I am reading the article form Joe Burrows about Cireson Portal upgrade  https://community.cireson.com/discussion/44/walk-through-cireson-portal-v3-8-to-v5-0-upgrade#latest

According to this document when you do upgrade you still need to check all optopns.

Select Install All Components (Important! A lot of customers assume they need to untick install database as they already have one that exists, this is not true and needs to be ticked so the database can be upgraded). Select the default Language and any Date / Time formats (I’m based out of New Zealand so I will want the proper date format ) click next.

However, yesterday I asked Cireson support tech the same question about upgrade, I was told to either completely remove version 4.010 or upgrade first to 5 than to 7.

Here is what confused me the most: Yes, the procedure for the upgrade is the same as a fresh install. As you already have the Database, you can uncheck that option. I recommend leaving the Cachebuilder option checked on as it is a new version. You can follow the same procedure to go from version 5 to version 7 as well.

I asked to confirm that during the upgrade I need to uncheck data base install (which in my point of view makes a sense) and he confirmed.

We have some custom application which Cireson built for us like that My  Request includes change requests and also that includes request the user made or somebody made in their name.

I am not sure if anything has been done about that in portals after version 4.010, but I cannot lose it.

Saying all this I will do upgrade from v 4.010 to 5 and then form 5 to 7 as per the published article.

The simple question is during the upgrade and what components needs to be checked.

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Veljko

You will need to go to 5 then to 7 as per the release notes:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1351#/

You definitely will want to check install database or the DB won't get upgraded and you will run into issues. 

I will look into that support ticket where you were told incorrectly.

cheers
    joe
    SR58706