Home Notify Analyst

Free version support - Installation issue

ChilidipChilidip Member IT Monkey ✭
Not sure where to turn as there doesn't seem to be a support category for the free version of this tool. I've installed all the components correctly (I believe), but when attempting to open the settings, I get the error below. Didn't have this problem under Service Manager 2012 but this new install is on 2016 so I'm reaching out.

Please advise.

Thanks...Randy

Date: 11/29/2016 10:25:08 AM
Application: System Center Service Manager
Application Version: 7.5.7487.0
Severity: Error
Message: Could not load type 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Extensions.Shared.ConsoleContextHelper' from assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Extensions, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Extensions.Shared.ConsoleContextHelper' from assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Extensions, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task, List`1 parameterList)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

Best Answer

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to verify - You installed the portal specific for SCSM 2016 as there are two different installers
  • ChilidipChilidip Member IT Monkey ✭
    Yes. Current portal version is 7.1.2016.1. 

I've removed the MP and re-installed with the same results.
    It is possible this app has not been updated for 2016. The readme file included only references 2012.

Brian, thanks for your followup. Any chance you have the pro version installed on 2016 or know of it's support profile?

Thanks...Randy
    edited November 2016
    We just got SCSM 2016 approved for Lab and have to get the servers and console built/installed. Hope to test soon. 
    Thank you for the response. Looking forward to having this in my SvcMgr bag.
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Free Community version of the Portal is exactly the same code as the paid version. The only difference is a product key that unlocks the features. :smile:

There are two versions of the code but these are for SCSM versions 2012 or 2016 as the new SCSM 2016 is running a .NET4.5 code base so any apps needed to get re-coded to run on it.

if you are still unable to use the portal, check the log files within the InetPub\CiresonPortal folder and maybe even post them here for us to see
    So here is what I know. The portal I'm running is 7.1.2016.1. The MP version listed is 7.7.2016.185. The notify analyst app version I'm running is 7.5.3.5. The email I received to download the notify analyst app did not offer two different versions (2012 and 2016). Other apps I downloaded did, but this one did not.

I can use the Cireson portal. That has always been available to me. WebConsole.log file attached.

I sure do appreciate all this help...Randy
    Notify Analyst app should not impact on the portal, so lets not worry about that at the moment.
    The log file did not contain any useful information.
    What error are you seeing when you attempt to browse to the portal?
    Is the CacheBuilder service running?
    Is there also a CacheBuilder.log file that is being generated?

Please attach the CacheBuilder.log file and a screenshot of the errors you are seeing when attempting to use the portal.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im confused here? You are just having an issue with Notify Analyst free is that correct?

If the issue is with Notify Analyst free we should not need the log files for cachebuilder or webconsole.

Let me know and I can spin up some tests in my 2016 environment. 
    That confusion would be my bad. I thought I was looking at the Portal group and must have somehow opened the Notify analyst group. 
    Yes. No issues with the portal, just the Notify Analyst app (not pro/paid). 
    My Bad. I thought it was for the portal.

What error are you getting and when for this app?
    Is there any error in the Event log (Operation Manager log)?

Current version for Notify Analyst is v7.5.2012.17 or v7.5.2016.17 (Depending on if you are running 2012 or 2016)

Might be worth upgrading first.
    Brett, I'm suspecting I've got the wrong version of Notify Analyst. To be clear, I do not have a license and went to the Cireson Free Community Apps website and selected Notify Analyst - Community. I filled out the form and received an email with a single download link. There is no option to choose 2012 or 2016 versions. So I download the app and it's version 7.5.3.5. All instructions in the readme file reference 2012 Service Manager. I do not have a link or access to a different version like the ones you mention above.

I can only conclude that the community website has not been updated. Assuming this is true, where can I download 7.5.2016.17?

http://cireson.com/apps/notify-analyst-free-2/
    This is the link where I did my original download.

I appreciate everyone's help....Randy
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this link:

https://support.cireson.com/software/downloads/NotifyAnalyst-v7.5.2016.17.zip

Let me know if you have any issues.
    Cheers
    Joe