Home Analyst Portal

Setting "Activity Implementer" on Completion of Activity

Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have been trying to figure out a way to automatically set the Activity Implementer whenever an activities status is changed from in-progress to completed in the portal.

The main reason we need to do this, is so that we can report on who completed different activities through the week / month, and analysts tend to forget to set the Activity Implementer to themselves.

As far as I can tell, there is no way of identifying the activity implementer OOB (e.g. there is no "CompletedByUser" relationship or similar for activities.), hence why I wanted to auto-set the implementer when it is changed to completed.

Unless there is a better way to do this, I was planning to do this via cusom.js code.

What I am wanting to do is create an onchange trigger on the status field, which then picks up the current analyst, and updates the activity implementer accordingly.

I can see this would be pretty straight forward with other fields, but with Activities I am not really sure where to start.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Adrian

Best Answer

Answers

• Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Adrian,

I actually did this at my former company using Orchestrator. I can zip up the rb and post it here if you are using SCO.
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Nice. That would be great thanks..

Yes we are. I prefer to run my stuff in PowerShell if possible, but I can dissect the runbook to figure it out :).

For interest sake... How did you manage to figure out who completed the activity via the runbook? 

Regards,

Adrian

• Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Cheers Billy!

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Adrian

• Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

@Billy_Wilson Very nice implementation i must say, i am gonna use this. HOw would you go about checking previous MA`s that have no activity implementor. Just list them all and check if there is a user or any string in the field and set the user from the history as you do inte script?

I am thinking of a way to scan the system looking for these MAs that are kind of orphans.

Thanks

• Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hi Robert,

Personally I'd make a copy of the one I posted above and drop the Monitor Object at the beginning for an Initialize data. Then import these runbooks and attach the copy to cycle through the orphans.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6026663/uploads/460/XZQLEU336VS5.zip There was an error displaying this embed.

Hope this helps.

• Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

@Billy_Wilson Thx i will try this out

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@Adrian_Paech here's similar discussion on how to add Add Implementer to Manual Activity in CR gets into In Progress state.

Solution suggested by @Adam_Dzyacky is basically the same: use Orchestrator to get user from parent ticket and fill it into MA in it.