Home Service Desk Ticker

Client doesn't start when offline

Rob_RRob_R Member IT Monkey ✭
We are running into an issue where if a user is not connected to our network, the ticker client stops running and they will not be able to receive any announcements even after connecting via VPN. I've tested this on my own machine and although the client does startup on reboot, it seems to immediately shutdown once it can't connect to the network share. Is this supposed to be happening? We'd like to use this for certain company wide announcements but currently would be unavailable to most of our remote employees. 

Thank you

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Rob_R
    When the user logs off and logs back in again once the VPN or network connection has been established, does the client "Wake Up" and start to connect again?

This could be an issue with our code..... However, being a free tool I can not guarantee that there would be an expedited fix for this any time soon.

Let me know any additional information and I'll see if I can chase this up for you.
  • Rob_RRob_R Member IT Monkey ✭
    @Brett_Moffett Once the client stops running, it never starts again unless it is manually executed again. The only way to get it to start again is to connect to VPN and then manually restart the client. 

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really interesting point.
    I've never tested this and can't think of how I can test it in my lab.

I might see if I can get the support team to test this and maybe log it as a bug or feature request.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.