Home Analyst Portal
Options

Customize portal view for analyst

Margarete_JussenMargarete_Jussen Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
We set the members of our enduser role to all domain users. The problem is that our analysts are also domain users and all the request offerings for our end users are shown to our analysts. Does anyone has an idea how to change this. We wnat to have different request offerings for analysts and end users.

Regards
Margret

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds as though you haven't configured security scoping within native SCSM to prevent the very thing you are describing. Are your analysts in the default roles (i.e. Incident Resolvers, Service Request Analysts, etc.) ?
  • Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    @Margarete_Jussen - if you're looking for an idea around how to implement some basic security roles in SCSM I shared such a framework on the following thread per what I believe @Geoff_Ross
     is getting at: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/4369#Comment_4369

As stated in the thread, I'm not saying it's perfect or the way it should be done but I hope provides a framework you could build on or around.
  • Options
    Margarete_JussenMargarete_Jussen Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi Adam,

thank you very much for your answers. Our analysts are not in the default roles you mentioned above. We have an own class for them. 

Regards
    Margret