Home Self-Service Portal - Community

How do you set a "Service Offering" as a Top Request

I noticed that on the Home page of Cireson, there are 3 links under Top Requests.

There is a Request Offering, a Service Offering and a Link.  How do I do this?

I apologize if this is already a knowledge article, but I was unable to find this anywhere on the Knowledge Base in cireson (too much to filter)

Best Answer

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi John

Checkout https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1271#/

What the popularity index does

Setting the popularity index will impact what the user sees on the home page of the Portal. Listed under 'Top Requests' you will see Request offerings sorted by popularity. The lower the number the higher the popularity. So if you have 5 Request Offerings and you set the popularity to 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 they will be listed starting with the Request Offering that is set to 10 and ending with the Request Offering that is set to 50.

How to update the popularity index

You will need access to the database the Portal is running on. The target information is

• Database: ServiceManagement (unless changed from default)
    • Table: RequestOffering
    • Column: Popularity
    • DataType: Integer (nulls allowed)

Open a new query window in SSMS. Make sure the target database is correct. Adjust the query below to contain the proper where clause for your filtering.

UPDATE [dbo].[RequestOffering] SET [Popularity] = {{POPULARITY}} WHERE {{CRITERIA}}
  • John_VrabelJohn_Vrabel Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This doesn't answer my question. I already knew how to do that.
    Perfect! Thanks, that's what I needed.
     :) No worries 
    One more follow up.  The Request Offering I have to create that will link to the Service Offering.  I don't want that to show up in the Service Offering it's linking to, but I also don't want to put it in another service offering.  Is there any workaround to this?
    Hi John

Not that I know of you would need to link to have them show, it may be possible to put in another service offering and hide that with CSS.

Are you guys looking to make the Top Requests editing easier in the future?  It would be nice if I could just edit the top requests and either choose a request offering or type in a link, title it and choose an image. 

Are you guys looking to make the Top Requests editing easier in the future?  It would be nice if I could just edit the top requests and either choose a request offering or type in a link, title it and choose an image. 

Im not aware of anything but agree it would be a great idea to make it easier a. Id recommend raising this as a feature request and im sure it should generate a lot of votes :)

Cheers
    Joe
  • Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Do you plan something like 'top requests by user/group'? I mean: HR department would see other tickets on top of the page than me logging as IT support technician into portal, Financial department would have its set of 'top requests' etc.? Thanks.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Peter_Miklian Typically when you setup your catalog you trim the service offerings so when a HR rep logs in they see the HR catalog and same for IT person.
    When you do this if you have set 5 requests as top for IT, when the HR person signs it they see none since they do not have rights to the items.
    So when updating the SQL table for your top requests if you set the values on both they will display for that user type.
    Request Priority
    IT 1 1
    IT 2 2
    IT 3 3
    HR 1 4
    HR 2 5
    HR 3 6
    How it breaks out depending on role assignments, here is what they would see with 5 being the max of the page.
    HR IT HR & IT
    HR 1 IT 1 IT 1
    HR 2 IT 2 IT 2
    HR 3 IT 3 IT 3
        HR 1
        HR 2
    HTH
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Joe_Burrows

Are there a way to display more than 5 Top Request Offerings? We are in the process of adding many departments that is scoped to a wide variety of ROs. I think a Top 10 will be enough