Home Configuration Manager Ticker
Options

.NET Crashes - CiresonTicker App

Hello,

We've been doing some recent 'go live' activities, and are seeing multiple reports of end users getting a .NET exception thrown when the notification hits their system. The whole 'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application' error. The end result is an error pop up and no notification; hitting "Continue" lets them continue to work.

I'm trying to get some PC names now of where it occurred, and can provide logs. The systems are fairly 'normal'; Windows 7 x86, .NET 4.6.2 loaded, fully patched, etc.

It never occurred in our testing, naturally, but we're seeing it often enough to warrant providing logs with an actual targeted deployment. Can I provide these logs somewhere? And what logs in particular would you like to see?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Matt,
    Thank you for your inquiry. Are you able to do side-by-side comparisons of systems that are having the issue and those that are not?  As a community app, this is not supported through our S&M agreement but i would like to find out more to see if we can assist.

Thanks,
  • Options
    wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Matt,

Just to be sure, you are having issues with the Configuration Manager Ticker, and not the Service Manager Ticker, correct? I've never heard of this issue at all from anyone else, nor in our testing, of the Configuration Manager Ticker.

If you do have the end user's log, which gets saved to their user profile\appdata\Local\Cireson\ConfigMgr Apps\Ticker App\, you can just add to your response, and we can look into it.

Thanks,

Wally
This discussion has been closed.