Home Analyst Portal

Portal and Console Functionality

Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Analyst Portal

So I have a question about the difference between the Portal and the Console, when our Techs log a ticket they are supposed to attach what asset the issue is occurring on. In the console generally for computers the asset can be found under Affected users CI,

but if it is not listed there or they need to added another asset they can click on add and go to the correct group i.e. Hardware Assets or Active Directory Printer

We have a number of users who also use the Analyst Portal for entering in tickets they need to be able to fill out the same information. There are 2 fields on the Analyst Portal that I would expect to able to use

but I am unable to find what we need...

configuration Item lets me attach a Service which is great, but Affected User's Items gives me nothing useful 1/2 the time, there are times I have no idea where it pulled from

and there is no search to look for other items as clicking the add button does nothing when it is blank.

When I look under the Configuration Item, there are lots of different categories but most are empty and none of them relate to SCSM or Cireson Asset Management

Has anyone else seen this and how did you fix it?

We are on Analyst Portal 6.03 and using Cireson Asset Management.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Morten_MeislerMorten_Meisler Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    configuration Item lets me attach a Service which is great

Configuration Item will search for every type of configuration item, not only services, but also computers ex. You could however add your own type of related item list on the form by modifying the Incident.json form. That way you can scope it to something specific, like the Windows.Computer class. 

How to create custom forms

The Configuration Items menu lists every class derived from the configuration item class, many of these are empty. E.g. Computer (deployed) is empty unless you have setup SCCM Connector. The whole CMDB experience is pretty simple compared to the console, but I think this is something Cireson is working on for a near-future release :)

• Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

So basically it sounds like what you are saying is that when it comes to connecting Cireson Asset Management to the Cireson Portal there has been little work done.