Home Analyst Portal

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Cireson.ServiceManager.DAL' or one of

Jerrett_FergusonJerrett_Ferguson Customer IT Monkey ✭
All of a sudden I'm getting this when I try and load our dev portal.  I see the Cireson.ServiceManager.DAL.dll file in my \inetpub\ciresonprotal\bin folder. 
Nothing has changed recently on our portal that I'm aware of.  Any thoughts? 

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jarrett, 

This is certainly a strange error and one I've never seen before. Since you have the dll file, it may have something to do with the permissions of the App Pool account not being able to access the resource. You could start there. 

Regards, Tony
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried a therapeutic reboot? :smiley:

• Jerrett_FergusonJerrett_Ferguson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hah, second thing I tried after recycling the app pool and restarting IIS. 
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This error points to client side loading of the ASP.Net files
    If you log into different computers does the error follow you?
    Have you attempted to clear the browser cache on the local workstation?
    I get that original error message above when I try the portal with IE on my portal server itself. 

I get this from multiple browsers (firefox and chrome) on my workstation:

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the error I get when one of the System Center services is stopped. Most common is the Data Access service.
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that original error message above when I try the portal with IE on my portal server itself. 

I get this from multiple browsers (firefox and chrome) on my workstation:

This error doesn't actually say anything pertinent to the issue you are having - it's a generic error that occurs when IIS is not allowing error messages to remote computers. 

This MSDN article should help with clarifying and determining what the error message you are actually getting is: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rakkimk/2007/05/25/iis7-how-to-enable-the-detailed-error-messages-for-the-website-while-browsed-from-for-the-client-browsers/
    @Brian_Weist -  All three services are running on the portal server, which is also a management server.  I can load up the SM console and connect to that management server fine. 

@Tony_Collett - Exactly, it's a generic error when connecting from a remote browser.  The image I supplied in the original post is when I try and connect from a browser on the Portal itself. 

In the application event log we're seeing the below warning:

Event code: 3008
    Event message: A configuration error has occurred.
    Event time: 12/12/2016 9:06:39 AM
    Event time (UTC): 12/12/2016 3:06:39 PM
    Event ID: 4d4c216c66664b6ead064474f8e1ab56
    Event sequence: 1
    Event occurrence: 1
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-2-131260287989021954
        Trust level: Full
        Application Virtual Path: /
        Application Path: E:\InetPub\CiresonPortal\
        Machine name: <servername>

Process information:
        Process ID: 2016
        Process name: w3wp.exe
        Account name: <appPoolName>

Exception information:
        Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException
        Exception message: Could not load file or assembly 'Cireson.ServiceManager.DAL, Version=6.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
       at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)
       at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory()
       at System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath, Boolean& isRefAssemblyLoaded)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException)

Could not load file or assembly 'Cireson.ServiceManager.DAL, Version=6.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
       at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)

Could not load file or assembly 'Cireson.ServiceManager.DAL' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

Request information:
        Request URL: https://<portal hostname>:443/View/cca5abda-6803-4833-accd-d59a43e2d2cf
        Request path: /View/cca5abda-6803-4833-accd-d59a43e2d2cf
        User host address: <ipv6>:\InetPub\CiresonPortal\
        User: 
        Is authenticated: False
        Authentication Type: 
        Thread account name: <appPoolID>

Thread information:
        Thread ID: 7
        Thread account name: <appPoolID>
        Is impersonating: False
        Stack trace:    at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)
       at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory()
       at System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath, Boolean& isRefAssemblyLoaded)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException)

Custom event details:

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have current support agreement with Cireson?
    If so, log a support call and get one of our helpful staff to organize a remote session with you to investigate the issues.

If not, we can continue diagnostics here:
    Do you have any logs in C:\Inetpub\CiresonPportal\Logs? or C:\Inetpub\CiresonPportal\Bin\Logs?
    If so, copy them here so we can also take a look.

Can you also verify the prerequisite roles and permissions have been assigned to the Cache Builder Service account as well as the AppPool account?

Thanks