Home All Other Feature Requests and Ideas
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Will the Outlook Console support custom Incident and Service Request classes in future?

Let me start off by saying the Outlook Console is great application and our Service Desk team adore it.
However we just have one question. Will the Outlook Console support custom Incident and Service Request classes in future?

For example when creating an Incident from a Template - custom class templates don't seem to be recognized by the app and therefore are not able to be selected. It seems to only recognize templates created with the default Incident class.

We would like to be able to use our customized forms as it includes additional fields which our Service Desk utilize all the time.

I also assume most of your other apps that will utilize templates work the same way as well?
16 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had proposed opening the portal forms in the Outlook console, in a separate FR.  I have upvoted this too, because it is better than supporting no customizations, but I'd rather customize in JSON than the macro-recording XAML output that is the authoring tool, given the choice.  :)

At the end of the day, I want at least one of these features to get accepted into the backlog--whichever has the better chance--because then I won't have to tell my users to ignore the Areas field on Service Requests and use the one hidden away in the Extensions tab, and hopefully our lengthy type projection for CR can actually be represented in the Outlook tickets.