Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Add support group for Problem Records (PR) to see all the Problem work items in Team Work view

PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I have the request from my team to be able to see problems request as IR and SR for one specific support group and not only the assign user. We would need also to add the functionality in the notify analyst as already done for manual activity using a custom field.

Details:
- Have the ability to map a custom Enumeration List to the Portal Group Mapping app to allow custom enumeration list for support groups. (Exactly the same as custom groups for CR's and MA's)
- If no support group is required, the Portal Group Mapping value can be left blank to not sync the value.

Example mock up screenshot:

30 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Feature has been released in 9.3

Comments

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    To clarify, I believe you are saying you would like to see PR with Support Group functionality, and the ability to see PR in the team requests area?
  • PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Yes, you're right and even to be able to notify the group from the notify analyst apps
  • Matt_StewartMatt_Stewart Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We would also like to see this functionality for PRs as well as CRs
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Drats - I was hoping I had missed this configuration setting for Problem Support Groups somewhere only to discover this thread as proof that it doesn't exist :(
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Yes please. we would like to see this functionality also.
    I'm curious - are people in the community simply dealing with this lack of functionality by workarounds or simply not using Problems?

Really would like to see Support Group functionality introduced for Team based views in the console/portal with respect to PR.
  • Daniel_PolivkaDaniel_Polivka Customer IT Monkey ✭
    As I start doing more Problem work, this would be immensely helpful.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes please, it is not that much to add. especially if you target the same support group tree used in IR (We use the same structure for IR and SR for constantly) 
    But if you have the time tracker app installed it is a pain as you have to create your own customization and then add in the time trackers customization and repackage it. Spent hours on it and still don't have it working yet. 

edited September 2017
    Was working on some custom.js when I noticed that ProblemTierQueue and analystByGroup functions are commented out in the wiMain.js file for Problem tasks. Inspecting a few portal versions back, it looks like it's been this way in the portal's code for some time now. However from glancing I can't tell if this development path was simply forgotten or abandoned entirely.

My Active Work Items and the Portal's acceptance to the CR/MA class extensions are truly fantastic if not entirely fundamental for SCSM deployments. At the risk of over simplifying the work required - enabling a similar "pick your custom class extension for support group" functionality on PR records feels like an easy logical step forward.

Come on votes!
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    We would also like to see this functionality for PRs as well as CRs
    Hi @Matt_Stewart
    You said you would like to see this functionality for CR's as well. This has been implemented in the Portal Group Mapping app so you can go ahead and do this today.
    PR's with support group are still not supported in the portals Team and My Work views, but will be considered if this feature request gets more votes.... :)
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

This feature is in development!!