Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Knowledge Base analyst content permissions

Darren_CuttrissDarren_Cuttriss Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
I would like to see the use of more granular permissions in regard to what analysts can see in the knowledge base.
We have a number of teams all using the portal as analysts for different functions and we (IT) don't necessarily want them to see analyst content of knowledge base articles that relate specifically to us.

68 votes

Backlog Planning · Last Updated

This will be reviewed in the next product team review session.

Comments

• Rick_HancksRick_Hancks Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I would also like to see an enhancement to the security/permissions area that would control who can see what content.
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The whole portal needs to run on AD permissions or at least on the permissions that you can set within SCSM. This is a major issue for our organization.
  • Dennis_KochDennis_Koch Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This would be great, I can see a lot of benefit from being able to target visible content. If I could present some content to only IT staff this it would help greately. Currently documentation is spread across several SharePoint sites or emailed back and forth with several different revisions floating around.
  • Greg_LawsGreg_Laws Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We could really use this feature as well.  It would allow us to segregate content (via AD group) based on the appropriate audience, so users can only see what they should see.  It would provide a cleaner experience for users by showing them only the content that is relevant to them.  Please add this feature.
  • Steve_ClarkeSteve_Clarke Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Another vote from us. We would like to be able to keep some categories private that are only used internally.

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    My users just asked for this last week.  They wanted it to be by category (different AD group assigned to each), but there may be a more elegant way of handling it, perhaps.
  • Paul_DalkinPaul_Dalkin Member IT Monkey ✭
    This is a YES from us. To expand KB use across the organisation we could do with differentiation like this.  :)
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    May help with this as well: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/3291/do-not-show-knowledge-article-if-it-has-no-content#latest

We would really like to expand the use of KAs within the Cireson portal and reduce the other sources used. We feel unable to because we can't limit who can see what articles. The idea of end users seeing blank articles is a major 'show stopper' for us.

• Brendan_SmithBrendan_Smith Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I think this suggestion should be merged with this one. Total combined votes should put it closer to being actioned.

• Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This is a yes vote from me as well!
  • John_BeasleyJohn_Beasley Customer IT Monkey ✭

We need this at our organizational level. We have different IT departments that could utilize the permissions so that other groups cannot see their kb. Otherwise we have to look at Open Source solutions which I would rather have one manageable solution.