Home Analyst Portal
Options

Service Request Query not showing correct results

Corey_HendersonCorey_Henderson Customer IT Monkey ✭
We have a Service Request to pull back a query of Windows Computers. When we run that criteria against SCSM, we get 380 computers. When the Request Offering is displayed in the portal, it only shows 304. I've truncated the "LastModified" table, and restarted that CacheBuilder. Is there anything else we can do?

Answers

• Options
    seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Can you show some screenshots around your criteria, the request offering, and any other relevant settings you have setup?

What I'm hearing right now sounds like it's a problem with your query, but I'm not sure where exactly you are calling the query from or what the query is.
  • Options

Inventory Extensions is an extension of the Windows Computer class. If you look at the Windows Computer CI in the Portal, it has the correct information in the extended properties. When you create a view in SCSM with this criteria, it returns 380 items, the portal returns 304.

• Options
    Have you tried running a SQL query against the service management db yet to see if you get back a list of 380 or 304 computers? What we need to determine is whether the machines are in the SM db and the portal interface is filtering them at some point for some reason, or if they aren't being put into the cache at all by the cachebuilder.
  • Options

Any ideas how to recreate the query against the SM db? I know where to find the Configuration Items, but where might it store the other information? I'm not even finding the Asset Status in the Configuration Item table.

• Options
    Well to answer your question there, we only bring the base CI class information into the SM DB, so you aren't going to find that additional information in the SM DB.

My suggestion would be to take your list of 380 from the SCSM DB, and export the Windows.Computer CI from the SM DB and see if they are all in the list. If that is a case, then it's an issue with the view and not the data in the CMDB.
  • Options
    There are 5 more CIs in the SMDB, but they match when you compare display name