Home Asset Import

Custom Columns in Asset Management connector?

Vignesh_SridharVignesh_Sridhar Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi,
1. Can we create custom columns in the App for end users as per their requirements?
2. Does Cireson Asset Management come with a security feature? Example: can we restrict viewing access for users like to make sure I have no access to the asset information, then read access, and then read and write.

Thank you. 

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Vignesh, 

1. Yes, if you are talking about the views, you can create new views with any columns that you deem fit. Simply pick the class from Asset Management while creating the new view. 
    2. Security is based on the same User Roles that are used in Admin Settings. It's not possible though to grant plain read access to Asset Management due to the user role property being Edit only (as there is no View). 
    You may be able to get around this by removing Edit role from Users and utilising the Preview Panes included in the Asset Management package. 

I  hope this helps to answer your question
    - Tony
  • Vignesh_SridharVignesh_Sridhar Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @Tony_Collett Do we have a KB article to create Custom columns for Asset Management App?   
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Vignesh_Sridhar
    Are you trying to create custom views using the existing properties, or new custom properties that were added with the Authoring Tool or Visual Studios? Are the views for the Console, Portal, or Both?

For existing properties, using the Cireson View Builder or the standard View Builder along with either Security Role permissions in the Console, or Promoting the View and permission the view with security groups in the Portal.

I can provide more detail after you answer the above question.