Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Apply Template to existing Service Request

Hi

1) User creates a standard Service Request. New SR has ID SR1234.
2) Analyst should be able to apply a Service Request Template to SR1234 (created in step 1).

Does anyone have an idea or already a custom script to do this? It would be great to do that in the portal. :-)

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Raffael
4 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    David_SebbaDavid_Sebba Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited January 2017

This is a PowerShell script that was created to correctly apply a template that contained activities, which it does.  It could probably be adapted to a task.

http://blog.coretech.dk/mme/set-scsmtemplatewithactivities-powershell-script/

(to be clear, I didn't write it :-)  )

• Options
    Raffael_JenzerRaffael_Jenzer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi

Meanwhile, i've added the following code to the custom.js-file (see attachement).

This code was originally from an "Apply Template to IR". I've changed some items. My actual result is the following:
    - I'm able to choose from all the SR templates
    - When I click "OK", it cancels the "old" SR (and all the activities in it) and creates a new SR based on the selected template

Is anyone able to change my code?
    Target:
    - The old SR will not get cancelled
    - No new SR created
    - The activities from the selected template will get attached to the old SR.
    - Existing activites will remain in the old SR.

I would really appreciate any help.

Cheers,
    Raffael