Home Service Manager Console App Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Action Log Notify to send emails to the Assignee if another analyst raised it

It would be great to have an email notification when another analyst adds content to a Work Item to which I am assigned.
9 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I feel like this would already be possible, but I'm struggling to find the solution too.
    I've been testing the standard notifications and it's straight forward to get it to email the 'Analyst Assigned the Call' when another analyst updates it.
    Just use the same Subscription as for end user alerts, but change the related recipient to the assigned to Analyst.
    Using the class: "Trouble Ticket Analyst Comments".

The problem here is that it does this for every analyst comment, even when the assigned to analyst updates their own calls. 

We need some form of combination class or related class, so that we can add a criteria that says "Entered By" Does Not Equal "Assigned To User" (in the same way as the related recipient works):

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    I would do this in PowerShell to give you the flexibility of not sending the email if the Comments Entered By is also the Assigned to User.

Starting with this example as a base, I'm sure its quite straight forward

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1696/powershell-version-of-action-log-notify#latest

Geoff
    Excellent Geoff, I'll give that a go!
  • Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

David_Johnsen did you get it to Work? We too need it very much :)

/mikkel

@mikkel_Madsen

Yes, I've got it working, just about anyway. I'm just tidying it up, then I'll share it here.

One thing I need to ask the community, is there a way to get the Primary Notification Address from SMLets for a user?

I'm having to get the user from AD just for the email and it seems a bit of overkill.

Update, I managed to find the answer to the last query I had. So just testing now.
    @Mikkel_Madsen
    Hi, OK I've updated the post Geoff listed with my Powershell. It was quite simple in the end, I just had quite a few hurdles to overcome due to our set up.

Please do be aware I'm a beginner at powershell and Orchestrator, so it's purely for reference and is offered as is with no guarantees. 
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1696/powershell-version-of-action-log-notify#latest
  • Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks, it would have been nice to have managed this without the need for Orchestrator but I will give it a try :)