Home Asset Management
Options

Create custom class for assets?

Vignesh_SridharVignesh_Sridhar Customer IT Monkey ✭
I am looking to create custom classes for assets. Is there a KB article on how to create custom classes for assets? 

Or is there any other way? 

HELP NEEDED!!

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Once we create a custom class in the Authoring tool and then create a Management Pack out of it, import it to the SCSM Console. Can we use that Management pack to add those fields to the existing MP? 

Or is it possible to import an existing Cireson Asset MP and add few properties and reseal and import to the console? Would that work ?
  • Options

@adam_Dzyacky Thank you for your reply.

I did follow the steps and also sealed the MP as per this KB (http://kb.cireson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/User-Guide-Asset-Mgt-Authoring-2015-Q1.pdf). I only created an Asset Management Class and not form. Sealed it accordingly with our .snk file. When I try to import the extensionclass MP to the SCSM console, I am getting this following error.

• Options
  • Options
    @Geoff_Ross How can I find the same version? and where can I find the version
  • Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    I would recommend just updating your installed version to 148 as this will get you the latest features and hotfixes. If, this is not possible, you'll need to find the original download of version 144 and get the authoring MP from that and copy into the authoring tool program files.
  • Options
    Jan_Vidar_ElvenJan_Vidar_Elven Partner IT Monkey ✭
    Hi @Geoff_Ross. When trying to extend Asset Management Class now in Service Manager Authoring Tool, first I will be asked to locate the .mp for Cireson.AssetManagement, which is fine, because I can download and use the latest one from the Authoring folder, however after that I will asked for the Cireson.Console.Licensing.mp, and when downloading that there is only the .mbp version. It would be great if you could provide the authoring version of Cireson.Console.Licensing.mp as well when downloading the Cireson Console Licensing app. 

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jan_Vidar_Elven

You shouldnt need the MP, make sure your loading the same files included with the installed version of AM and double check you did the below step first:

5. Before customising a form, ensure that the SCSM Console has previously been started and connected to a Management Server that is licensed for Cireson Asset Management.
  • Options
    Jan_Vidar_ElvenJan_Vidar_Elven Partner IT Monkey ✭
    @Joe_Burrows Contrary, I can't seem to get around it. Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Service Manager Authoring Tool
    2. Select File, Open and browse to the Asset Management Pack files, Authoring folder, and try to open the sealed CiresonAssetManagement.mp file
    3. Next, I'm asked to locate the Cireson.Console.Licensing.mp file..