Home General Discussion

Portal Navigation Permissions

Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Just interested if others have the same issue.

I have noticed that I am unable to set specific permissions on new Navigation nodes on the portal.  If I set them to 'Public' then everything is fine.  If I specify a particular AD group it becomes invisible.  Existing nodes that are configured using specific AD groups appear to be unaffected.

Not sure if it's relevant but the Padlock icon doesn't show on new nodes.

I am currently using Portal Version: 7.2.2012.1

Best Answer

Answers

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    If it's a new group in AD and/or you've just added users to this group, you may need to wait for the cachebuilder to sync the required information for this to work as expected.

I have tested this and it does work as expected in the most recent version of the portal. If you continue having issues beyond that I'd ask that you put in a support case so we can get this figured out for you.
  • Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Seth,

Thanks for that.  It looks like we have wider issues with the portal as nothing (Service and Request Offerings and Work Items) appears to be synchronizing.  I now have a support call open but if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it as it's affecting our PROD environment also.

I've tried truncating the Last Modified tables etc. and restarting cachebuilder but no luck.

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    In reviewing the cachebuilder logs, what errors are you seeing?
  • Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

The only error in the cachebuilder log is regarding a Group that is invalid.  This is understandable because it is a new group (that I want to use for Announcement Manager) that hasn't been synced yet.

In the web console log I'm getting the following:-

Unable to retrieve new license from licensing server. Exception Message: Unable to connect to the remote server Inner Exception Message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 23.102.191.170:443

I have installed the latest console licensing app and ensured that the licences have refreshed.  They are set to expire on 07/02/17.

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    During the upgrade, did you check the properties of the install file to see if it was blocked, and proceed to unblock it? Part of Windows Server causes portions of files to be blocked if it the source is detected that it was from another computer/downloaded. 
    The installer may have completed, however some files may have been blocked from being transferred/updated

Check the install file and see if it was blocked, if it was, you may attempt to reinstall the portal after unblocking the file. 

Personally we are upgrading from 6.3 to >7.3 on PROD soon enough ... however we have custom tweaks in our custom.css file which will have to be reworked as highlighting a node in Navigation Settings Tree does not bring up the navigation-node-details div on the page where it should go..... which is a bit of a pain as I've narrowed it down to the following css that we use to make the request offering form textboxes take up more space:
    /*Attempting to Stretch Text and controls for Request Offerings */
    @media all and (min-width:992px)
    { .col-md-6 { width:80%; } }

I guess attempting to add a filter might be do-able on the newer version.....