Home Analyst Portal

Affected User targeted at AD User Class?

Tim_ShackletonTim_Shackleton Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

Is the user picker / search in the portal WI forms targeted at the AD user class?  We have a situation where we need to use System users but they don't show up at all when part typing the name in the Affected User box, or in search results.

Best Answer

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Further, the Portal User pickers will only show objects from the CI$Users table in the ServiceManagement cache database. The CacheBuilder which populates this database will only take Microsoft.AD.User objects over that have the DistinguishedName property set (which always will be if created using the AD connector but not if created some other way).
  • Tim_ShackletonTim_Shackleton Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the insight. That's really useful. :) we have a couple of situations whereby we need to manage users as effected users, but we don't want to have to manage AD user objects for them. One of these situations could run into hundreds of user objects.  Interestingly it's just the search function that can't find system users. If either the Exchange connector or an analyst uses the SCSM console to assign the user it appears in the Portal.  So the user picker in the Portal for is capable of displaying the user but not finding it.
  • Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I noticed that no further update on this. Not sure if there was a solution under a different request. We have several external clients who email into our Service Desk. The Exchange connector settings we de-selected the option (Only process emails from users in the CMDB). When viewing the Service Manager console, CI / Users I can see the email address of the external client (they do not have an account in our AD).

When viewing the CI user entry they have a user name which is the first part of their email address. The domain is their company address after the @ and the display name is the full email address.

When I do a search criteria to find tickets created on a particular month and want to search for affected user being the external client email it cannot find the username/email address.

I saw somewhere on this community some information about 
    UserQuery       DisplayName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%' OR UserName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%'

I thought as the search is Displayname it would have found the external client user. Is there something else that needs enabling or updated to make it find external client emails that are showing in the Service manage console / CI / users.

Kind regards
    Eugene