Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Add event function for Home page

Morten_MeislerMorten_Meisler Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We should be able to execute custom code on the home page(s) in a similar way when calling custom code on work item forms.

Example for Incident form:
<div>app.custom.formTasks.add('Incident', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;//Incident OnReady</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;formObj.boundReady(function () {</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; //Code here will run when the Incident form has loaded.</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; return;</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; });</div>

Today people use a setTimeout function or setInterval methods to ensure every element is loaded before making changes to the layout, doing API calls etc. It is not enough to use $(window).load or $(document).ready methods. This creates irritating delays and have the risk to not trigger at all.

16 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    In the consulting team, we now use mutation observers to check for when certain elements on the page are loaded but its complex. So yes, gets my vote.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree (there's no agree button in this thread!) with @Geoff_Ross -- mutation observers work, but I am now starting to have most of my custom.js rely on one.  When I first began working with the product, everything resembled the KB article on how to add custom tasks.  Now, almost none of it does.

For the simple reason that it is easier to enlist help from other resources if it is simple to write the new custom task (and not worry about when any of the elements load), this could make my job easier.
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

In the meantime, can someone provide an appropriate mutation observer to bind to that loads last after all other dom objects?

Cheers,

Adrian