Home Analyst Portal
Options

Is it possible to attach a Cireson HTML KB article to an Incident

Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We have the Cireson Knowledge Management app installed.  I am trying to figure out if we can add these KBs to IRs.  It looks like they can only be added to ROs or SOs.  I really don't want to have to maintain to sources of knowledge to accomplish this.  Thanks.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Mathias_VandendriessMathias_Vandendriess Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    We have the Cireson Knowledge Management app installed.  I am trying to figure out if we can add these KBs to IRs.  It looks like they can only be added to ROs or SOs.  I really don't want to have to maintain to sources of knowledge to accomplish this.  Thanks.
    Hi Eric
    Analysts can add them to workitems in the portal under the related items tab, if your using custom forms make sure they have the below added:

{
                                  name: "KnowledgeArticle",
                                  type: "knowledgeArticle",
                            }
    Does this work with any portal version?
    I'v added this, but my incident form didn't load any more. I removed it and the incident form worked again.
  • Options
    Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Joe, thanks.  One additional thought, if it was added to the portal in v5, why wasn't the ability added on the KB side to add work items to the KB (just SOs and ROs).  Also, will you be adding the ability to create a KB from a work item?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Joe, thanks.  One additional thought, if it was added to the portal in v5, why wasn't the ability added on the KB side to add work items to the KB (just SOs and ROs).  Also, will you be adding the ability to create a KB from a work item?

@Eric_Krasner
    Great points, honestly, both are valid feature requests.  Please feel free to add them, or I can if you wish.